Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'll save judgement until I can go see one in person but I do know that I am not fond of the plastic racks on my girlfriend's grandfather's Polaris Sportsman 450 H.O. I love the storage aspect, but the lack of attachment points is a big negative. Better shocks would be good as would more power. I have zero experience with a wet clutch system so that's a push for me. I do love my 2012 BF 750 4x4i EPS but hey I'm always willing to upgrade! LOL!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
We are all probably jumping the gun on forming an opinion, myself included. I like advances in design, but not if it yields less than po po. Get it? Baaaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
the size should be comparable to a polaris 850. I'd suspect a realistic 900 pound weight. about 80 more than a 2012 that weighs in at 800-820. to compare it to a polaris 850....I think it'll be alot more stout than that crap.

the 800 motor is fairly competitive in the teryx. compared to a can am 800 the teryx with just a power commander to get past 50 mph will beat the 800 commander easily. this is the motor they are installing. total redesign.

also, the new motor will hold 4.5 quarts of oil. so less crank issues. no belt deflection issues, more power, basically std bore brute power with just a pipe, clutch, and tuner.

Plus. this new motor could easily be made up to and above 1100 cc as the cases are alot larger and the cylinders can be bored to 92mm with no issues.

I doubted the teryx 800. but comparing it to a 08-13 2 seater. there's no comparison. the new chassis absolutely kills it everywhere. the motor has plenty of power and clutching is easily modified and setup.

I'd say it'll be a 75 mph machine right out of the box. Hell, I have my 2014 teryx 800 with just a pipt, tuner, and my clutch going 71 mph witha windshield and a roof. and this weighs in at 1685 pounds and I'm 245. so it's chugging over 1 ton.

we'll just have to wait and see what they have in store.

for all we know. it COULD be 900cc?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Also, plastic racks...can am, polaris all use plastic. they work great. It's the storage that you can use BELOW the racks that will come in handy. who wants metal racks that rust and rattle when you put something on it?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Also, plastic racks...can am, polaris all use plastic. they work great. It's the storage that you can use BELOW the racks that will come in handy. who wants metal racks that rust and rattle when you put something on it?
I was sad to see Can Am follow Po's lead into the plastic era. I loved their 2011 and earlier models that had storage AND something to hook a bungee cord to. You can't hook a bungee to that plastic...especially after a few years use when it gets UV damage. It's a great way to lose an eyeball.....
Like NM said, you can buy their add-on racks, but then nothing of odd shape will fit in them. ANd they are pricey! I can buy a full replacement set of metal racks for my front or rear for less than I can buy a add-on system, and it will be flat so I can strap stuff to it.
Maybe Kawie's design will be different than Po's and Cans, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
581 Posts
An 800 with fox podiums and a Yamaha type clutch sounds good, but hopefully it comes with new suspension geometry too . Too little travel, too little ground clearance, and waxked out camber settings on my 12 I had (with elkas). If all the above were true and it was actually an 850 or bigger, I would seriously consider selling my 14 850xp le with fox shocks:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hopefully kawi steps up and competes with can am and polaris.I am a die hard kawi fan,But that renegade 1000xxc is something to be reckoned with.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
There will always be some equilibrium with plastics, aluminum, and at some point, composites. The balance from these is correlated with a balance in cost and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok, it's June!!! Let's see it!!

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Wow! Comes with a shovel! Pissa!! C'mon ,the suspense is killing me!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
DANG - I gotta get me one of them . Just look at the upgraded steering . And 05 - 07 look is the best part .

81 - 100 of 133 Posts