101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
What happened to all the things they were suppose to do? Waiting another year

·
Registered
45 Posts
well, I got word today from a kawy guy that there are no changes being made to the 15 brute for 2015????? Just color......
So are they coming out with the 800 or not? You claimed to be working on clutching these machines before they're released, so have you actually seen one or are you just continuing development on the Teryx clutch since they are likely the same or similar?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
well, I got word today from a kawy guy that there are no changes being made to the 15 brute for 2015????? Just color......
Yes!! Finally!!! I've been waiting so long for a new color!! Please tell me it's yellow? Or perhaps tangerine?:eek:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Take it easy! Remember all the talk in 2010 about big changes, then the '11 comes out in late 2010 with no changes and everyone is complaining. Then in Feb. 2011, the '12 comes out with EPS and a bunch of changes. I bought my '12 Camo EPS in March 2011.

I think a 2016 will be out later this year or maybe Kawi will call it a 2015 800 SE. But your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Its really pretty lame that the japanese manufacturers are so slow to bring out new models. Brute's last refresh was 2012 and it was a good one, but there are lots of things that need changed from that one as well. The Grizzly hasnt been redone in several years.....old school tech and old school power (damn reliable though I must say). I was really hoping the Brute would show up with the changes mentioned (stronger motor, better clutching, lighter weight, BETTER SUSPENSION and GEOMETRY)...if so, I would consider selling my 2014 XP and trying one (I liked my 12, but even with Elkas it lacked in quite a few areas)..

I guess we will see eventually, but meanwhile, Canam and Polaris (like it or not) are the ones leading the way with innovative new products

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Wait......so I'm confused........how did we go from knowing the specifics about a new BF right down to the engine and rack material, to having nothing new coming out at all? :confused::( This has got to be a joke! Are they just amping up the suspense even more by cutting it dead a few days before official release?!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Kawasaki builds a ton of small engines, higher end john deeres and cub cadets use them. I think the liquid cooled ones are built in japan. Air cooled parts a built in china i think but assembled in the US.
The quality of chinese parts has gotten much better over the last few years

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
China can build stuff as good as you want; it's a case of how much do you want to spend.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
China can sure build some good motors, but in most cases they aren't the quality of an american or japan engine. If i was paying over 10k for a machine though i sure wouldnt want something made in china.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That 3cyl engine is made by Chery, a Chinese company that also uses that engine & a 4cyl version in some tiny cars. Some Joyner buggies have used it for a while with a manual trans.

Same engine as in the John Deere 825i Gator

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder if its a 2 valve per cylinder design like the old mule engines.
Its a 4 valve per cylinder DOHC engine. If I remember right, they call it a QQ model.

I looked at a Joyner brand buggy for sale a couple years ago that had the same engine & did some research on them then. Has a car style alternator & bumping 60hp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From what I've read, Chery is supposed to be one of the highest quality Chinese engine builders. The quality & safety of their China market car bodies isn't great. From what I've read online anyway.

John Deere has been using that exact engine since 2011 in the 825 XUV gator. They must have some confidence in it to put their reputation on the line to use it.

At one time, Fiat was using Chery engines in some of their cars. Not sure if they still do, since Fiat has partnered with Chrysler now.

Usually the Chery engines outlast the China made frames of the off brand mini dune buggy/ mini sand car machines that some online dealers sell. The Joyner brand is one of the best made machines in that category. Used to ride with a guy sometimes that had a 4wd Joyner that always did pretty well. Never heard him talk of any major issues. His machine did spew a lil oil smoke when he punched it, but it had been way too deep in a creek several times, a.k.a. sunk.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
My Brother has a 1100 buggy with the 5 speed. it's called a Renli. it's a Chinese job but has been holding up very well. top speed even with 32 Roctanes on it is still 75-80 mph. it even has Elkas on it. It really goes anywhere despite being 72 inches wide. were trying to get it street legal registered as a Kit car.

5 speed and 1100cc sounds good until you have a sore left leg from Clutching so much.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts