Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was time for a change. I was getting tired of having to work on it more than ride it due to mud and water riding. There is a BIG difference in how she handles and I think I'm going to enjoy this fast paced trail riding just as much as mud bogging. I still have a lot planned for future mods, but this is how she looks now.

PAST

·
Registered
363 Posts
looks good, but you beat me to the punch on the tach:pissed:. thats the same thing im gonna do, mount it to the front rack. :tup:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's my water temp. It was hidden by the radiator before. I plan on making an enclosure out of fiberglass to hold 3 different gauges(water temp,volt,oil temp). I would actually like a tach, but I don't have a VDI, so I don't think I could get one to work correctly. Any ideas on that?

Made the bumper out of 1.5 tube.

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
certain tachs get the tach signal from wrapping a wire around the spark plug wire to sense the ignition pulse which gives you your rpms.
electrosport.com has a bunch of different tach/computers that tell you either oil, or water temp, tach, and some even have turn signals.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i remember reading somewhere on here about analog tachs. seems that an analog one is alot more complicated to install than a digital one. by the way get some more pics up, its good to the sra brutes

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well, it was time for a change. I was getting tired of having to work on it more than ride it due to mud and water riding. There is a BIG difference in how she handles and I think I'm going to enjoy this fast paced trail riding just as much as mud bogging. I still have a lot planned for future mods, but this is how she looks now.

PAST
Looks good but didn't I read somewhere here that the sra brutes require a support bracket when the front rack is removed just like the Prairies?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Looks more like mud bogging then trail riding. LOL Enjoy it!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks good but didn't I read somewhere here that the sra brutes require a support bracket when the front rack is removed just like the Prairies?

I never heard of that. been riding with the front rack off mine for awhile now and no problems. sounds like its more for helping the steering than holding the quad together. if anyone has more info or a link to the thread about that it'd be great.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have a strut support under our plastics, unlike the prairies.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's getting there. With working all the time and working on other bikes for side money I'ts hard to find time to work on mine.Anyway, are you going to put some aftermarket struts on your's. It's supposed to be a big improvement over the stock ones. I'm putting a tach, oil pressure, and water temp gauge on mine as well.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually I planned on lowering it in the front, but don't know if I wanna go that route now. Elkas or Works are on the list, but a new handlebar,grips, & handguards are first, right up there with the gauge pod I'm gonna make. The list goes on and on.........

And I know whatcha mean about staying busy. Just got my motor back together, after replacing low gear, and fixing the sinking valves.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh yeah. When I first took mine apart, as every piece came off or apart, the list got longer and longer. You should really consider lowering it. I think these bikes look sick lowered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts