Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey what's up guys. new member here. just picked up a 2005 lava red kfx 700 bone stock w/ 20 hrs on it. went to this from a trx 450r. any help of mods would be greatly appreciated. Go bucks!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
There are numerous mods to make. I would suggest you first check the pinned thread "mods you've done" on the 700 forum.

Also, add to you signature any mods already done i.e, dual exhaust etc like my sig below. You do this under "user cp" tab at top of page.

So take a read, then post what type of riding or racing you want to do and we will chime in with suggested mods.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to KR !!! I too am a "BUCKEYE", I just happen to live in N.W. Indiana for the past 18 years.

First thing to invest in is aftermarket Tie-rods, a.s.a.p. !!! Stockers are junk. I believe that you can get them from several people on this site. You can also sleve your stock ones cheaper if you want. You get tubing that will fit over top of your stock tie-rods that will stop them from bending. It fits between the tie-rod ends snugly. Advanced timing key is another cheap Mod that you can add. Primary clutch springs with more stahl is good for drag racing if you're into that at all. Mine is a small amount of stahl. There are charts on the "V Force" section for several different things you can do. A bigger front bumper with gusseted attachedment points is also a good idea. There are sooooo many ways to spend all of your money on building this Quad you will be amazed. Good luck and have fun, they are a blast. Also dual muffler's is a great addition. They sound AWSOME !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
Welcome, Don't buy any pipe other than a Muzzy, do a K&N and 12 hole mod. crossover intakes are quick power and you'll need a CDI. Clutch work is another great improvement. DO those things initially and you'll have a fun ride. These things have the worst shock in the world unless you're 250+ lbs. So I highly recommend shocks, Elka's rock. Now that I've spent a couple thousand of your money.....

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
If you post whether you are mostly a trail rider or plan on all out racing, it makes a difference on some suggestions.

General mods done by most:

12 hole mod (use search feature)

Replace stock air filter with a Twin Air Powerflow filter, I would only use K&N if you were installing a bigger carb (36) and needed open air box. Twin Air flows best in the airbox.

MS Mod or UPP cross over intake

spark plug mod (venforcer sales a kit)

exhaust system - I personally recommend Muzzy and LTE (or a bigkev drag exhaust :). )

primary spring - Almond might be a good choice for you. Depends on what kind of riding you will do.

Depending on your future plans, you might invest in a CDI, timing key (think ven sales one), VDI (better choice if you plan to run nos)

people have had tie rod problems, but it is not a big enough concern to invest in now. I still have the stock ones on both of mine.

Clutch mod (highly recommend) vforcejohn does this and is a supporting vendor. Jim also does clutch work as well.

Those are some good general mods. After that it gets much more expensive.

Big bore kits 700, 715, 730, 800, 840, 900.

Bigger carb, 36, 38, 41fcr, 44 weber

if u post where/how u will ride, and how much you want to spend we can prioritize.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my v force is bone stock. Mostly fasttrail riding like @ wayne national forest and hatfield & McCoys. How are the dual HMF's? I sawe that the new version is coming out on 1/1/10. I had one of these on my 450r and it really woke it up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey what's up guys. new member here. just picked up a 2005 lava red kfx 700 bone stock w/ 20 hrs on it. went to this from a trx 450r. any help of mods would be greatly appreciated. Go bucks!!!!!!
If you want to bring your new 700 to the Hatfield McCoy Trails and need information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Enjoy your new machine!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome aboard and get ready to spend $$$$$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts