Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nice to be on here. I am a new Mule Pro MX owner that switched over from Polaris Ranger. I probably will have a lot of questions but I’ll start with some simple ones. What is the diameter size of the roll cage? If I want to add a winch what’s the easiest/best but also economical way to do that? Are there any lift kits available for the MX? There seems to be for the other pro models but can’t find any for the MX. any suggests on tire upgrades?
I have to say so far I’m pleased with the performance of the unit so far. Defiantly a smoother ride than the two Rangers I owned.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The roll cage on my FXR is 1 7/8"/1.875" diameter, BUT do NOT ASSUME the MX is the same, MEASURE!
For winch, do not buy the cheapest you can find. A friend put a $95 winch on his Mule 4010 to lift a snowplow. One of the control buttons has already failed, after 5-6 weeks of use. He installed it the 1st week of January.
For tire upgrade, you might want to also upgrade the 12" wheels to 14", (more tire choices).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The roll cage on my FXR is 1 7/8"/1.875" diameter, BUT do NOT ASSUME the MX is the same, MEASURE!
For winch, do not buy the cheapest you can find. A friend put a $95 winch on his Mule 4010 to lift a snowplow. One of the control buttons has already failed, after 5-6 weeks of use. He installed it the 1st week of January.
For tire upgrade, you might want to also upgrade the 12" wheels to 14", (more tire choices).
Good info...thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice to be on here. I am a new Mule Pro MX owner that switched over from Polaris Ranger. I probably will have a lot of questions but I’ll start with some simple ones. What is the diameter size of the roll cage? If I want to add a winch what’s the easiest/best but also economical way to do that? Are there any lift kits available for the MX? There seems to be for the other pro models but can’t find any for the MX. any suggests on tire upgrades?
I have to say so far I’m pleased with the performance of the unit so far. Defiantly a smoother ride than the two Rangers I owned.
I bought a 3500lb Badlands winch from Harbor Freight about a year ago. It bolted right up to the plate that came with the mule. No room to spare but it works great. Have used it many times. Can't advise on the lift kit. I haven't needed one yet. I am going to upgrade to 27" tires when the time comes. Still keeping the original 12" rims. I've had my mule for over a year now...love it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I put a 3500 pound Venom winch on my MX for using with the 72" KFI plow. The MX does have the built in winch mount but it is a bit low on the machine for lifting a plow. I haven't seen any lifts around but I don't plan on putting a lift kit on or changing tires any time soon. You do have to remove the instrument panel and part of the tunnel below it to run the wires, use wire ties to keep the wires away from the front driveshaft. If you put a switch in the dash, cut the hole from the back side of the panel and not the front or the hole will be too big for the switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts