Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just picked up my 1988 tecate and love it. its got some surface rust on the frame which i'm planning on powdercoating. but otherwise its in decent shape. starts second kick in any weather.i do have some questions tho. im looking for a new exhaust for it and found out fmf doesnt have a good rep. any suggestions?

som far i have plus 2 a-arms and axle. taper bars.i'm not sure on the make of the front shocks i'll look into that. anyone know where i can get some nerf bars?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You scored nice on that one. :rock:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Your shocks on the front are works dual rates. What kind of nerf bars you want? I have some steel ones here I would gladly let go.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Burgard +2 a arms very nice, hard to find those. They still have a site up with replacement ball joints for those arms if you need them. The wheels may look like they are from burgard as well?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Any aftermarket pipe you can find which is sometimes hard to do( Klemm-DG-Power Pros- Bills-Dynoport) will be better than an fmf. I have heard the stock is better than the fmf

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha wow i just check this forum and can't keep up lol. thanks guys. i payed $900! ha i bought it bone stock. got the a arms and axle n shocks off my buddy who is building a tec-zilla. tecate frame with yfz front nose (suspension) and a zilla motor. could i get a pic of those nerfs?how much? does anyone have a site for one of those pipes? i'll post more pics of wat it used to look like. also that pic is of when i just threw it together. i have the headlight also and origonal wheels. those are rly banged up.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
wats up mike lol, im the buddy who had the a arms axle and ect. ya he scored the bike for 900 but it was a 12 hour drive to nj........ the 900 didnt include wat u see now. see for your self.

its looking better

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Wow it has come a long way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya i spent about three full days scraping off the paint. NEVER AGAIN!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
only $25? i'll do that. will i have to drill my pegs to bolt those?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
awesome. ya i'll deff take those. my buddy has pay pal so i'll have him arrange everything. tts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Ok I will check shipping costs. on monday.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sounds good thanks. now i just gotta get some side covers, i rly like the white and blue. gonna have my frame coated soon i'm stripping it down in the next few days with a little help from nick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
after seeing the before pics all i can say is WOW that was a hell of a cleaning job u did my t4 will never see mud again after the first time...o and nice bike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks man the pic of it white was just thrown together i have the lights for it and origonal white wheels. the guy before me jacked up the shocks to the max, i have to lower them down it feels too tall thro the turns. all i have to say is never paint your plastics lol its a real b**** to get off.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts