Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to this forum for providing a place to read up on these machines. I'd been considering a Mule for the last year or more and test drove one last summer. After calling around thisJuly, there were only a handful in stock anywhere. Managed to find a Ranch Edition at a local dealership and am really enjoying it for work and chores. Can't say enough good things about the ride, the flexible seating layout, and the maneuverability for the size.

After a lot of research, I bolted on a HL lift kit last week, along with a set of MSA Vibe wheels and 28X10 Blackwater Evos. The Evo looks to be a highly recommeded tire around here and my offroad testing this weekend shows that to hold true. We got 8" of rain last week, so there's been a lot of standing water and mud. It's nice to not have the floorboards take on water.

The next addition will be a windshield, as cooler weather is finally about to hit. Thinking hard on the coated Seizmik flip-down and the Super ATV flip-up. Two guys I hunt with have those units and they seem to be rather popular these days.

Appreciate all the guys who have taken time to detail their experiences, installs, failures, and likes/dislikes. Helps a guy out who is trying to do it right the first time around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice Ranch edition. the High Lifter kit is really cool. Really loving my LE! so glad i pulled the trigger when i did. Sounds like they are getting to be very hard to get. Well regarding the Windshield question just check out the post i started newbie asking about windshields.

Just go my SuperATV flip up. love it i posted some pictures there and a few have others have chimed in about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really think there is a bad choice regarding the Super ATV flip or the Seizmik. I wound up going with the Seizmik due to the amount of limbs and brush I sometimes run into, especially after the hurricanes we've had here this year. Lots of limbs hanging in my trails and woods roads right now. In more open country, I'd likely have gone with the Super ATV flip up. In the spirit of transparency, my Seizmik was missing quite a lot of hardware in the box when it arrived. They did make it right and sent a complete new set of hardware and gaskets, so now I have spare parts as well. The wife and I put the windshield on this week, just in time for the cold mornings coming up with this weekend's deer season opener. Should be helpful when the mercury is down in the 30's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What a difference the lift and wheels make. Thanks for the before and after pictures.
Are the same size wheels used front and rear? 14"? Do you know the width/offset?
I really like the color. I wish you could get an FXR that color. I think that color is gone for 2021 models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a fan of the metallic brown as well, as few other SxS units out there are that color. The wheels are indeed the same all the way around, being 14x7 with a 3.5" offset. The fronts are pretty flush with the fenders, while the rears are tucked in just a bit. Hard to notice if you're not looking for it.

One thing I've noticed about using this machine is how often I actually convert it back and forth from single seat to dual-row. It's very quick to change out when it's time to get a load of firewood or haul a bed full of seed and fertilizer. If not hauling big or bulky items (or rear passengers), there's a good bit of storage space on the rear floorboards and seats as well for toolbags and such, while keeping them fairly protected with the roof and doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts