Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new race Turbo in the works guys, well actuall a few of them, but the one I'm talking about is just like Camo's, but with a lot more motor and more Turbo.
We still haven't decided for sure which Turbo to use, we have the bigger one here and a slightley smaller one on the way.
The new RACE version is 900cc's with enough Turbo for 350 or 400HP (depending on which Turbo we use)
Adding displacement changes everything and the mass airflow requirements of a 900 vrs a 705 are completely different, we can make 350 HP with the same boost that the 705 make 260HP (900 with race heads vrs 705 with stk ported heads) but the mass airflow needs to be 30% higher with the 900.
As soon as 1st's motor goes out the door and a couple more CORR motor's the race turbo is on the dyno.
The owner can let you guys know who he is if he wants.
Ray

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
It better be going to Rockcrawler , cause he's gonna need it !!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
good stuff ray.. if you need some weight to hold that one to the track for testing let me know ;) :D

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
ray, when you go adding the turbo to the bikes with the bbk's in them.. do you need special internal parts to run the turbo or can a guy with a bbk slap on one of those turbos and go???

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
Congrats rock on the new 900 turbo! woot!

vtprairie I would think you would want low compression. no idea on the other requirements besides a strong grip. :lol: B)

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
i know my old turbo probe had different compression ratio's compared to the base models.. thats why i was asking too.. so basically the rest of the motor would be usuable then.. it wouldnt matter on cams and rods or what type valves you used...??

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
ray might be changing the rods, but im not positive.. i thought thats what said before but i could be wrong..

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
I have different rods.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Awsome stuff Ray!
Hope to see some vids soon :)

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good stuff ray.. if you need some weight to hold that one to the track for testing let me know ;) :D
[/b]
LOL, we won't even be trying to ride this here :blink:
It will need sand for sure. :)

ray, when you go adding the turbo to the bikes with the bbk's in them.. do you need special internal parts to run the turbo or can a guy with a bbk slap on one of those turbos and go???
[/b]
Well to start with, you need better connecting rods, unless you have a golden horse shoe up your butt like Metal, LOL Other then that you would break rods as there is no point in doing a Turbo with less then 200HP.
After that, you have to decide on compression ratio and that is a very critical decision. Less compression means you can run more boost and make more HP with the same oct of fuel, but turbos have to spool so with low compression bottom end suffers because if you leave off idle, your leaving on motor untill the turbo spools. Higher compression gives good bottom end but limits the boost you can run.
It all depends on what you want, for shorter drags you want a bit higher compression and less boost or better fuel, for an all around duner you want lower compression and higher boost. There is always a compromise, it just depends on what you want.
There are a lot of other things that you should have but can get away without, most of the time, LOL
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know my old turbo probe had different compression ratio's compared to the base models.. thats why i was asking too.. so basically the rest of the motor would be usuable then.. it wouldnt matter on cams and rods or what type valves you used...??
[/b]
Cams and valves, you can get away with almost any but some are better then others.
Just depends on what your building, a 200HP, 300HP or 400HP motor as each have completely different requirements.
and then, once you think you have it all figured out, start testing to find out were you went wrong, LOL

Even for the new race Turbo, we have the one Turbo here and another in the works. One should make 350HP and the other over 400HP but if it takes 2 tenths of a second longer to spool the 400HP turbo then the 350HP setup will probably be better for 500-600ft drags cause even with 350HP, 500ft is going to go by pretty quick, LOL
On top of that, we have 4 different intercooler options in the works to test, the 4th is actually no intercooler. That's over $2500 worth of intercoolers just to test.
Ray

Awsome stuff Ray!
Hope to see some vids soon :)
[/b]
Thanks DV, won't be long. As soon as 1st's motor is wrapped up, a couple more 900's and 1000's and a half a dozen CORR motors are done, the Race Turbo is on the dyno. :)
Ray

I am going with the golden horse shoe theory ;)
[/b]
LMAO :lol: :D :blink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Get 'er done!

Do you want one Fundy Turbo there or two?

No sleep for you. :)

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get 'er done!

Do you want one Fundy Turbo there or two?

No sleep for you. :)
[/b]
LOL, if we had yours here again there would be quite a few changes, LOL
Looking back over the testing results from yours while designing the new one lead to a lot of changes and a lot of "what if" questions that lead to more testing. :blink:
Ray

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
You're so lucky I can't just drive down to your shop. :lol:

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[/b]
LOL, I wish you could.; there are a few more tests and changes I would like to do on your setup.
Ray

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
LOL, I wish you could.; there are a few more tests and changes I would like to do on your setup.
Ray
[/b][/quote]

HEY!!! No more changes for Camo... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 557 Posts