·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks good....

....and slow!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If I ever get the 50% on the wheel I'm going to get the Terracross but other than that I think they are to much money. Every couple of months the dealership where I bought mine has a wheel you spin with up to 50% off. Please let me know how much you like them.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Wow...never seen so many SLOW Houston ATVers post in a single thread! lol When are you 2 guys gonna get a set of paddles and meet me at the 300' sand drags in Splendora?

BTW, the new tires look good.

Happy trails...:)

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
You are going to really like your 26" Terra-cross tires. I've been using them now for a few years, they wear great and if you like to ride fast on the tighter trails, your Brute will feel like it is on rails. Stay away from the Bighorns, imo, they handle terrible at riding fast, the bighorn fronts push out in the fast corners.
Another great upgrade is to change out the sway-bar bushings to the Prothane Line #19-1156, cheap upgrade at less than $20.00, these upgraded bushings will help with less body-roll plus they are greasable, they will last a lifetime.
And if you are more into trail riding, add a Steering Stabilizer(tube type), this will take care of the Steering Bump (having the handlebars get rip out of your hands when you hit something on the trail), this too is a low cost upgrade, anywhere from $140-($159,Gibson), just order one for a yamaha YFZ450.
Along with your Tires, bushings and the stabilizer upgrades, your Brute will be a blast to ride down any trail and in full control of your input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im Looking into a set of these? anybody heard anything good or bad about them? I did a mock up to see what they would look like. Opinions?

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Allot of New Tires out on the Market now. Tuff to try something new when you are 100% happy with your current tire choice. I've tried so many different tires over the years and since I started using the Terra-crosses and the results they give me for the trails I ride here (no mud), I just can't see trying something different.
That Tread looks interesting for sure, allot of these new tires are aimmed at the UTV's too.
I am going to try out the MSA Wheels on this '09BF750, a change from ITP.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just joined and new to the forum. I was glad to see a thread on this topic as I am shopping for new tire/wheel kit for my 06 Brute. I am planning on getting the ss112 rims but not sure on tires. After some research, I am less inclined to get the Bighorns as they are rumored to not hook up that well in corners. I was originally torn between:
1. Bighorns
2. Terra Cross
3. Now Baja Cross

I think Baja Cross looks pretty bad a$$ but haven't heard a whole lot of first hand experience with them.
I run in mainly hard pack, rock and rutty, snow and some mud but I don't spend all my time in the swamp. I don't want something that is horrible in it either. Advice please.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow...never seen so many SLOW Houston ATVers post in a single thread! lol When are you 2 guys gonna get a set of paddles and meet me at the 300' sand drags in Splendora?

BTW, the new tires look good.

I have a 4/137 bolt pattern too Mikey! LOL I just don't know if I could spin those big-ass paddles you have! If you run across a good deal on some, let me know. Is your bike back together?

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
I have a 4/137 bolt pattern too Mikey! LOL I just don't know if I could spin those big-ass paddles you have! If you run across a good deal on some, let me know. Is your bike back together?

I'm sure your Renegade would spin sand tires just fine....if you don't want the 26" blasters like I run, you should go with Skat-trak Extremes...something like 12 paddle would be good for your quad. I'll keep my eye on a used set for you...the used ones usually go for about $300 for the rear tires/rims. That is close to what I sold my skat-traks for last summer.

I hope to get the heads/cylinders back on or about Dec 16th....then I just need to find the time to put everything back together and break in the new rings. Hopefully, I'll be back in action (at the 300' sand drags) sometime in January or so. Let me know whenever you are ready to try the sand drags in Splendora...its a blast!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts