Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the whole atv thing and my friends are getting sick of hearing me complaint about things i dont know anythnig about lol. help me. heres a couple things i want to clear up.
1- i was riding the other day and my bike suddently began shutting off on its own when i hit the throttle. it would stay on at idle though. We relized my air boot was loose , so we tightened it up and tapped on the carb a little and it ran perfect again. i want to clean my carbs out not but my friends are saying that i dont need to , i should be fine now. what do u guys think?
2- when i hit the throttle a little black smoke comes out - nothing crazy just a tad. is that normal?
ill have more things to ask im sure in the future. please dont mind me if i sound like i have no expereince with this stuff, because i really dont lol. i dont know anything but to ride and i dont want to go to a shop because im not made of money =/ lol. im acually a broke ass mofo. lol. thanks =)

·
Registered
447 Posts
as long as its running Ok why mess with it. a little black smoke is OK just not a lot. it might need to be rejetted or leaned out a bit. however, if it were mine, I would remove the airboot/ and airbox and clean it well and clean the filter before you ride again.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
I agree with sandman...if its running good now, why mess with it. Sandman also makes a good point about doing the maintenance on it...you definitely should change the fluids, keep the airfilter clean, clean/regap the spark plug and adjust the valves from time to time, etc. Good luck with that and welcome to the forums.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts