Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I should soon be a very proud owner of a 2004 KFX 700, However, I am hoping you guys can give me a few pointers in what to look for when i am buying one, I am actually going to look at one today.

Thanks in advance.

And a I big Thanks to a fellow Quader for pointing me in the direction of this site! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome.....:tup:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I would suggest looking carefully for any signs of extreme abuse and if possible have a friend that owns quads (a V if possible) go with you to look at it. Remember the bike is 6 years old.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all,

Went and had a look yesterday, engine pulls nice and strong, Scared the crap out of me at first! LOL

Couple of bits of damage to left hand panels were he rolled it the snow, although everything else seems ok, it only went on its side not a full roll over.

He claims it has an uprated cdi, but im not convinced. the one fitted has a mitsubishi logo on it in the middle. which tells me its standard.

He has fitted an end can off a fireblade motorcycle which sounds lush, however when i collect it i will check spark plugs to make sure it isnt running to lean/rich.

The only thing i noticed when it was idling, it seemed to idle a little dodgy, it the sense that every 5 or 6 seconds it would die down a little then pick up again. Could this be carb issue? maybe need balancing??

My only other thought with the above issue, is that it is still running on the petrol he filled it with when he was in spain last year!!! so maybe a bit dead by now!!!

I think a good service and clean up is in order.

Its not the best bike but out of the 3 available in my country it is the best,

the options were 1 for 1 grand more that had heat marks around the axle where it go throught the swing arm, suspicious!!

the other was cheaper but had NOS and 760 bore kit, which i kinda think maybe i would be opening a can of worms if i bought that!

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
another question, is there a luggage rack available that i can fit on the rear of this beast for a luggage bag?

I have seen the six-pack rack, but in the uk, if a cop saw me ridding with a six pack on the back of my quad i'm sure to get nicked!

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts