Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a 2005 Kawasaki brute force 750 cleaned out the carbs an cleaned out the jets adjusted the screw on the carbs an put in new plugs an changed out the ignition coil an wen giving gas still back fires half way through any ideas of what it could be it's almost there to running really good

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seems you still have a lean condition and that is typically a carb issue. What I would suggest (if you have not already) is running a jet cleaning tool into each jets to make sure there is no blockage. The tools are a set of tiny wires to run through the jets. The jets orifices on small engines are tiny and a blast with carb cleaner does not always clean the crud out. This is a "duhh" thing to mention but make sure the gas is 100% fresh. These things need a high octane gas for best performance and they run like crap on old gas. I have a 05 650 Brute Force with similar issue. I've not had the time to do the carbs on it yet but hopefully soon. It is a bit hard to start when cold and has crappy part throttle performance. The guy I bought it from said he got it in a trade for a boat. He wanted to do some trail riding but never had time for it. It sat a year not being used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts