Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit the bullet and bought a brand new 2022 750 EPS. The power steering is sooooo nice, and you gotta love EFI. Gonna swap the tires and rims off my ‘06, and all the other goodies that will fit. Keeping the old Brute in the family. Gave it to my daughter and boyfriend who love the outdoors just as much as my wife and I do, so will be nice to do some wheeling with family. Super stoked today!!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Cloud Sky
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Swanny! Really happy right now! I will definitely post some more pics when I have them.
Qtown, I think it's just an optical illusion as I took the picture closer to the old Brute. Seems like the same size to me when I'm sitting on it!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got my rear winch assembly to install, front winch to install, seat box, highlifter 2” lift, swap the tires and wheels from my old Brute, and install the upgraded tie rods. Any power mods are gonna have to wait a while. Gotta let the wife buy something expensive so I can guilt trip her into letting me buy parts!!

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a bunch of pictures I just uploaded of my rear winch setup, but something freaked out and went haywire. Anyways, here’s a couple pics of the rear winch setup
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Relocated the rear taillight mount, and also relocated the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kickstart, I use that rear winch WAY more than I use my front one. Pulling guys out, pulling myself out, but the biggest use is skidding logs. Choke a log, pull it in fairly tight to the bike and GO! Works great.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Double winch switch setup. Made a little bracket to hold both switches.
Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive design Video camera Audio equipment Digital camera

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ironbaltic makes a rear winch plate setup. A little pricey, but the option is there. Looks pretty good. Sits a little too low for my liking, but it's completely bolt on.
Arm Gesture Automotive design Camera accessory Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are nice bags Swanny. I had some similar on the front fenders of my ‘02 650. Loved those things.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bags on my old 650. Can't remember the brand of those ones, but you could sure pack a lot of stuff in them.
Wheel Tire Snow Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ran into a problem when I went to put on my 27’s on ITP rims. The new Brute is hub centric, old Brute aftermarket is lug centric. Built some 1/4” aluminum spacer plates to counter the hub centric hubs. After that, no issues!!
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Locking hubs

Hand Fluid Finger Natural material Thumb

Automotive tire Gas Circle Font Rim

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
She’s sexy!! Looking pretty buff next to the old girl!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The old girl looking pretty sweet with the black ‘22 wheels though!!
Tire Wheel Flowerpot Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The old Brute loaded up in my daughters fiancés truck. My old riser ramp came into play here! Could barely get the tailgate shut on that shortbox Ram!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

• Haha

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Finally got to put some kms on the new Brute. Did my 100 km service the other day. Have had a lurchy clutch engagement from day 1 and I knew what that meant. Pulled the clutch cover off and checked the belt deflection.....
Train Automotive tire Finger Bumper Engineering

So, the dealership is an hour and a half away and I’ve never been overly satisfied with ANY dealerships “expertise”, so I pulled the clutches and shimmed it to 23mm (right where it’s supposed to be IMO). No more lurchy clutch engagement. Weird. Set it up right and it works right. Odd. So, the dealership is gonna get an email tomorrow with this picture, as I paid PDI when I bought this. Not really impressed with the stealership right now. On a good note, the new Brute is awesome!👍

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I went from 1.93 mm of shims to 1.16mm of shims and it’s perfect. The wife and I went on a short, pretty rough ride to a small lake, and the clutch worked flawlessly. And look where we went!! It’s 10 kms off the main road to get to this lake, and it’s rougher than hell. That power steering worked like a dream on that rocky ride!!

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts