Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
She’s sexy!! Looking pretty buff next to the old girl!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The old girl looking pretty sweet with the black ‘22 wheels though!!
Tire Wheel Flowerpot Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The old Brute loaded up in my daughters fiancés truck. My old riser ramp came into play here! Could barely get the tailgate shut on that shortbox Ram!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

• Haha
Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Very nice. Congratulations!
Efi and PS are spoiling me now too!😄

Love the white, btw. My girlfriend wants me to swap out her gray SE plastics with the white, and I think she's not wrong!!😉

I think your girlfriends 2012 SE is the best looking of all the Brutes.
She just needs to remove all the stickers. ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Finally got to put some kms on the new Brute. Did my 100 km service the other day. Have had a lurchy clutch engagement from day 1 and I knew what that meant. Pulled the clutch cover off and checked the belt deflection.....
Train Automotive tire Finger Bumper Engineering

So, the dealership is an hour and a half away and I’ve never been overly satisfied with ANY dealerships “expertise”, so I pulled the clutches and shimmed it to 23mm (right where it’s supposed to be IMO). No more lurchy clutch engagement. Weird. Set it up right and it works right. Odd. So, the dealership is gonna get an email tomorrow with this picture, as I paid PDI when I bought this. Not really impressed with the stealership right now. On a good note, the new Brute is awesome!👍

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
That's funny you should mention this. On my last ride with my new Brute, I noticed some belt squeal on hard braking followed by a lurchy take-off. Got home and checked the belt and discovered it was maybe even a tad looser than your's. It was either set that way from the factory, or the dealer did it at the 10 hour first service. Either way, it needed tightening. I removed one medium width shim and got it perfect. No more squeal or lurch.

Reactions: mastrblastr

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I went from 1.93 mm of shims to 1.16mm of shims and it’s perfect. The wife and I went on a short, pretty rough ride to a small lake, and the clutch worked flawlessly. And look where we went!! It’s 10 kms off the main road to get to this lake, and it’s rougher than hell. That power steering worked like a dream on that rocky ride!!

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

Reactions: kickstart
21 - 28 of 28 Posts