Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finished up my new winch mount. I replaced the other bumper with the Armadillo I got from Pipo. I had to move the bumper 4 inches forward, but the bumper and winch mount now attach to the frame at 5 points - it isn't going to move! I don't know if I really like the way the bottom is mounted, whenever I get a chance I'm going to form up a better aluminum brace. The Armadillo really protects the winch.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
That looks awesome much better then the last set-up :rock:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice!!! I have been wanting to set up a winch..just no fabricating skills...would you be interested in putting something together and selling it?? send me a pm?

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Super nice set up. I really like the Armadillo bumper on the V. And I really like that one piece radiator guard/scoop thing. Want to sell it?

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super nice set up. I really like the Armadillo bumper on the V. And I really like that one piece radiator guard/scoop thing. Want to sell it?
Ha Ha. I really like it. I mounted the oil cooler to the guard, so I can take it off by just unscrewing the four screws that hold the guard to the radiator. Makes it real easy to clean the radiator.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!!! I have been wanting to set up a winch..just no fabricating skills...would you be interested in putting something together and selling it?? send me a pm?
It wasn't really that difficult. First, mount the Warn winch mount (I had to modify it to miss the Fluidyne radiator, but it fits really easy on stock).
For clearance, I removed the plastic grill and grill mount (I cut off the parts of the mount that holds the headlight and used them to hold up the headlights). I put the Armadillo bumper in a vice and spreaded open the sides to fit over the winch mount. Using a hammer and block of wood I tapped the bumper back as far as it would go, making sure that the top of the middle bar was even with the top of the winch mount. Drill a home through each side of the bumper and winch mount and bolt together. I then made the side braces and bottom brace out of aluminum and bolted them up. Slide the bracket that holds the fairlead in from the front, drill new mounting holes and bolt it to the winch mount. Install the winch on the mount (you will need to drill new holes and may need some washers to level up the winch). I used stainless bolts and locknuts. I also used an Amsteel synthetic cable and a CSE polished billet fairlead. The only problem I had was just getting everything together. The only drawback is that the bumper is now 4" forward - it might bump a steep incline. I wouldn't want to try to build one for sale - I built this one on the quad. this is also the third version - I keep changing things until I get it looking and working the way I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.