Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I recently got a non running brute 750. Put a crank sensor in it and it runs! I've only ridden it up and down the street. The problem is if I fill the oil to the high mark on the stick, the oil comes out the breather that is below the water pump until the level is almost at the low line on the stick. Have I done something wrong? Shouldn't this line just be a drain. The manual is no help. I've read a bunch of posts about a catch can, but that's not my problem. This thing is bone stock. Even idling it will do this. Please help!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sounds like the seal behind water pump might be gone and needs replacing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did replace the water pump gasket when I replaced the crank sensor, but it only seals the cooling system, right? If the water pump impeller seal were bad, wouldn't I have water in the oil or vice versa? This is coming out of the breather tube down below the dipstick, almost like the oil level is too high and it's blowing it out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
That tube is suppose to be for coolant but if oil is getting in the the coolant and the seal is messed up it could be coming out. That's the only way I can think of for oil to come out that tube

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your response,but this hose goe's into the alternator cover just below and behind behind the water pump (oil side). It has a small clear plastic bulb that Kawasaki calls a "breather". I do have another drain tube near that for the coolant overflow.

·
Registered
787 Posts
That is the coolant drain. You need to replace the seals behind the water pump. There are 2, a mechanical seal and a oil seal.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Like I said that one is for coolant and the other you see if from the carbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I guess that this drain actually comes from between these two seals. Makes sense now. Thanks alot for clarifying that. Doe's suck to have to tear it back down though!

·
Registered
148 Posts
So I guess that this drain actually comes from between these two seals. Makes sense now. Thanks alot for clarifying that. Doe's suck to have to tear it back down though!
your crank case breather should go to your air box anyhow.mine gets oil in the air box if the oil is full and you get in the throttle a good bit so i run mine at half on the dip stick. <think with ur dip stick jimmy> haha from tv.i would check it out real good and listen to those guys:D

·
Registered
787 Posts
your crank case breather should go to your air box anyhow.mine gets oil in the air box if the oil is full and you get in the throttle a good bit so i run mine at half on the dip stick. <think with ur dip stick jimmy> haha from tv.i would check it out real good and listen to those guys:D
That's not what he's talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts