Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all just got a 2020 Mule Pro-fxt LE. Im Crazy excited it is my first sxs, coming from polaris 850 xp atv.

So Really want a windshield cause im specifically using it for getting back and forth to my other property per county roads. So i been looking at the Super ATV windshield with the flip up.
Question- does the handle or the break in the windshield come into your Line of Sight?
Im tall so do not think it will affect me but my wife is short, so worried it would be in her way...

Just hoping someone had some first had experience with that windshield?
really want the Fortress but the budget says Super ATV!

Thanks guys looking forward to being part of the Kawie family for long time!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome to the Mule family! The FXT is a great machine and I have no complaints with mine.

I have the Super ATV flip up windshield and would recommend it to anyone. The handles and break do not interfere with line of sight at all. I've been impressed with the scratch resistance also. I don't baby my Mule around the farm and run through every limb I get close to it seems like and the windshield doesn’t have any scratches that I've noticed. The only thing I can't speak of is UV resistance. I keep my Mule parked in my shop so it doesn't sit out in the sun on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the windshield I've been contemplating. Just purchased a Mule and think it will be cold without one!

Will send a PM to SuperATV...hopefully it works for Canada.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So got my Windshield on Monday. Man i have to say fast shipping. So i was going to do some before - during - after pictures. But was crappy weather here, so i left the Garage door down and just took my time on the install. Plus there is a Great install video on Youtube that handles it really nicely. figured i would just do a follow up Review on the Windshield and install.

Great packaging and color Instructions. Very nice heavy duty Windshield, all pieces and parts as well.
Rides really nice down the road. Has a bit of a bow when up from the outside. but i rode around a little and some small bumps at low speed and did not move at all in the up position. so for me and the way i ride my trails, it will be perfect for those nice summer days!!

Thanks To SuperATV for Helping out. For those Who are Looking at one of these just PM SuperATV, Erik is a great guy and will help you best he can!

IMG_20201028_122051526_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201028_121613565_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201028_122123141_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice pictures. It looks like it would not interfere with outside, rollbar mounted mirrors.

Is it hard coated or scratch resistant?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice pictures. It looks like it would not interfere with outside, rollbar mounted mirrors.

Is it hard coated or scratch resistant?
I've had mine for a couple of years and it has been very scratch resistant. I don't baby my Mule around the farm and hit most every limb that I get close to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so just got back from a short ride tonight, still trying to get my break in period done right. Man i Love this thing Alot! it is Crazy Clear at one point i had to remind myself the windshield was there. And i am Really impressed with how much wind is blocked by the Windshield and the doors now together.

So Glad i went with this Windshield. Oh got some side Mirrors coming too, so will see how they fit but looks like should be no prob like SuperATV said.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok so just got back from a short ride tonight, still trying to get my break in period done right. Man i Love this thing Alot! it is Crazy Clear at one point i had to remind myself the windshield was there. And i am Really impressed with how much wind is blocked by the Windshield and the doors now together.

So Glad i went with this Windshield. Oh got some side Mirrors coming too, so will see how they fit but looks like should be no prob like SuperATV said.
What mirrors did you buy? I bought Seizmik Pursuits, but have not installed them yet. Mine were missing the rubber shims for use on 1.875" bars. I called customer service and they sent me the shims. The shims I received look like a redesign of what the instructions show. The instructions say for 1.75" bars. I think they mean
P1020166.JPG
P1020167.JPG
P1020169.JPG
P1020168.JPG
t 1.875" bars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Zebrafive, Yeah i went cheap to see if i would like them, so i just bought a set from ebay for under $49 bucks with side mirrors, rear view and some soft handles. Will be here tomorrow, so will see how they fit. i got the bigger ones that look like the Kawasaki oem. Hoping with the bigger side mirror i wont need the rear view.

I think you are right on the instructions! misprint for sure. let us know how you like them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bama, Sweet. im sure SuperATV will definitely help you out!! I REALLY like mine, but i will be going about 5 miles on back roads to my property so will find out if a Wiper is needed or not. but will though a squeegee in for emergencies!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bama, Sweet. im sure SuperATV will definitely help you out!! I REALLY like mine, but i will be going about 5 miles on back roads to my property so will find out if a Wiper is needed or not. but will though a squeegee in for emergencies!!
Keep me posted. Longevity is the key to me. I despise doing things twice. That’s why glass seems to go through my head. Any one have the Fortress windshield? Is it worth the money over KQR fixed glass?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will Do, Trust me Bama i totally agree with you. i Like buying once! I really liked the Fortress. but Price was factor for now, and wanted to see how i like the flip up and see what kind of Conditions i get into if i can justify the extra cost. For now really like the SuperATV

1 - 20 of 35 Posts