Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
179 Posts
Little tip for easy cleaning....

As soon as I put my windshield on, I sprayed it down with a bunch of layers of Pledge furniture spray. Make sure the windshield is clean first. Dish soap and water. And make sure you're using a really good clean microfiber towel. Wipe clean between layers. It'll help the rain bead up and roll off, and keep the static down so it doesn't get dusty. I do it every few months.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hell yeah dude! Thanks!

And @Zebrafive , its the hard coated scratch resistant material, and yes you can still mount your mirrors to the cage. No prob!
I went to the SuperATV website and it says this will NOT fit the FXR model. I thought any difference (FXR vs FX, FXT) was it being shorter length and wheelbase. Is the hood/front fenders different? Or the ROPS different?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for the Tip SuperATV!! Really appreciate it will help where i ride for sure.

just to clarify on the Pledge layers, just spray and leave dry or spray and wipe down in between coats?

·
Vendor
179 Posts
I went to the SuperATV website and it says this will NOT fit the FXR model. I thought any difference (FXR vs FX, FXT) was it being shorter length and wheelbase. Is the hood/front fenders different? Or the ROPS different?
Ouch! Sorry about that man. I guess I didn't catch the FXR model there. I can't remember right off hand why it won't be a direct fitment, but yes....good catch there. Unfortunately its not going to fit the FXR.

just to clarify on the Pledge layers, just spray and leave dry or spray and wipe down in between coats?
Hey! I wiped it clean between coats. Make sure its clean first, and then make sure you have a good clean microfiber to wipe clean.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ouch! Sorry about that man. I guess I didn't catch the FXR model there. I can't remember right off hand why it won't be a direct fitment, but yes....good catch there. Unfortunately its not going to fit the FXR.
My guess is the contour of the hood/front fenders, where the bottom of the windshield fits is different.
Please update when you find out why!
LMK if you determine why it will not fit the FXR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just installed my Super ATV flip up windshield. I love it. Install took me a hour or so but a easy install. So Pledge? Regular pledge? Multi surface pledge? Pledge says don’t use on plastic so I just want to double check to make sure which Pledge I need to use.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey! Checked it out, and it has a shorter cage with some different dimensions. It has a little more of a cage chopped look. The flip is going to be too tall and over the top.
Thanks for checking! Good to know I have a lower roll cage/ROPS.
Do you know how much lower Than the FX, & FXT?

·
Vendor
179 Posts
You know what...I'm not absolutely sure. We haven't had one in the shop. I just know we had to update the fitment when somebody bought it and it didn't fit. Hopefully we'll get one in soon. They're pretty popular right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Little tip for easy cleaning....

As soon as I put my windshield on, I sprayed it down with a bunch of layers of Pledge furniture spray. Make sure the windshield is clean first. Dish soap and water. And make sure you're using a really good clean microfiber towel. Wipe clean between layers. It'll help the rain bead up and roll off, and keep the static down so it doesn't get dusty. I do it every few months.
Thanks for the tip. I did mine this week and it made a huge difference. I'll see how long it last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 35 of 35 Posts