Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site. I recently bought a 6504x4 as an upgrade from a rancher 350 4x4. The power difference was shocking. I'm 6'1" 240# and the rancher was ok, I just wanted something new. The brute dosen't even know I'm on it, it just goes! I'm in Rowland NC, about 4 miles from the SC line and the world famous SOUTH OF THE BORDER. I ride purely for sport/pleasure as I don't hunt. I'm blessed int the fact that I'm in a largely rural area with an abundance of fields that range from sandy to swampy conditions. My buds and I typically can get in 40-60 miles of riding in a Sunday afternoon depending on the time of year and what crops, if any, are planted. The farmers and landowners aruond us are pretty gracious toward us and don't have a problem with us riding on their property as long as we stay off the crops and don't fill up the ditches when we cross them. I had heard a lot of neg. things about the brutes from different folks but they all seem to be into the submarine thing that has claimed so many engines. I don't plan on going in past knee deep, (I can't leave my daughter's yamaha breeze behind), and I wash and look over it after every ride so I don't expect any problems. I pretty much chose the brute because it seems to be the best compromise between a sport and utility quad. I like to jump, wheelie, and race just as much as mud-sling. I considered a scrambler or wolverine but the economics, power advantage, and the growl of the v-twin made up my mind.

·
Registered
402 Posts
welcome from this side of the mason dixon.you made a great choice if you were wanting a sport 4x4.you would've been disappointed with the lack of power on the others.i'm sure you will like the way you can slide the rear end around on that solid rear axle.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts