Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read the numerous people that love the stage 3 clutch no doubt there. I'm curious is to how people like not having any engine braking. I have an 08 750 and was curious as to how it would be without it. Does it just free spin or still have a little? Does the 280 included the lighter weight and increased fuel ecoomy or do you buy those separate?

·
Registered
243 Posts
i took mine out and would rather have it that way. doesnt throw you off the bike at low speeds playing with the throttle, you can coast down hills and if you like the braking, just blip the throttle and it brakes still.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Even without the KEBC you still get the engine braking. When going down hills all you have to do is # 1 go slow and # 2 keep lightly tapping the throttle and this will cause the belt to grab causing an engine braking affect. I feel it works better then the electric engine brake.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I only miss mine on very steep rocky descents.
That being said. I would do it all over again,it's really never been an issue even though I thought it would be sometimes.
Mine doesn't have low range and I weigh 300LBS,If I was lighter and had low gear,it would even be easier on those tough hills.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Take the actuator arm out and try it. You can easily install it again if you wish.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
to try it. just unplug the KEBC brake. it'll make the 4wd light flash when it's unplugged, but will go back to normal when you plug it in.

you loose engine braking in high range 5-0 mph low range 2-0 mph

it removes the fork from dragging on the crank as well as near doubling the life of the clutch from sheave grooving.

I recomend removing it. but I can also leave it if you choose to.

speeds of 60-5 mph you'll never tell the difference from what you have now.

like they said. you can now freewheel with it easier. you want to brake. just tap the gas.

JOhn

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I'll give it a try and see. All we have around here is steep hills but it seems a little to aggresive even here.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
john will a stage 2 cover from a v force fit on a p700 clutch and give more top end?
any probelm with doing this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts