Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i need a little sage advice. Yesterday my brute started cutting out at wot and back firing. It was also oozing oil from the cover around the steering column. The day prior i was getting the over heat symbol on the instrument panel so i sprayed it out. Today I tore it apart and ran it. Seems to be maintaining temp but when you rev it, it cuts out basically past half throttle. My gut says, its not getting enough fuel versus an overheating problem, but why the oil oozing from the steering column???Just insanely coincidental which sucks for trouble shooting. Any advice you can give would be appreciated. Im still a fairly new brute owner. Oh and its a 2011 750

·
Registered
569 Posts
I take it your Brute isn't snorkeled? For the oil problem, make sure the crankcase breather hose hasn't come off the bottom of your airbox and make sure the engine oil level is correct. If the breather hose is still connected and the oil level is correct, remove the top of your airbox and check your air filter and housing for oil. If there's lots of oil in there, you just answered the oil problem as it will ooze out the air intake area and migrate up the front of the airbox. It also may have answered your backfiring as well, as the filter can get impregnated with oil and create an air starvation issue to the carbs. Clean everything and reinstall, make sure your engine oil isn't overfull, and see if that helps.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If there’s a LOT of oil in your air box, you may have a serious top end problem as the end gap on your rings dictates how much pressure is in the crankcase. Too much end gap=too much pressure=pressure being released through the tube that connects your crankcase to the air box. That’s why too much oil in your crankcase can be a problem. Time for a compression test to see if you’re in spec. How many miles on your Brute?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, i changed the fuel filter out in the gas tank. Problem seemed to disappear for a day but i hadn't really ridden the quad hard. Now it runs like a champ for about 5 mins. Once it warms up its a pig. Sputters anything more than 25% throttle, back fires. Im thinking fuel pump but i dont understand why when cold its got all the power then when warm it turns to shit. Why would the engine temp be an issue???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts