Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to change motor in 08 brute 750, bought used motor that ran good before taken from a wrecked bike. took the top end off my old motor because the cylinders looked in better shape. However now its all back together, It starts easy,idles, and runs and sounds good, but then when you put it in gear and drive it feels like you are riding a 250cc bike. it does not hit the limiter like in limp mode it sounds like you are going 70 but its only doing 30. and it wont even spin the stock tires in grass. but until you drive it you would never know anything was different..

lil info from before bike was sank over the snorkels so it got water in it but all fluids were changed and got bike going , but when i did I must not of tighten the oil dipstick tight cause after coming out of a mudhole the bike sounding like it had a diesel motor. i looked to check oil to find out the dipstick was not there and mud was being shot out ... needless to say it need a complete bottom end and since kawasaki does not make the bearing for the crank on the left side of the crank case replaceable. had to get a new crank, but for the price of that i got a complete motor.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
you got the cams in right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taking it back apart so will find out, but wouldnt it run rough if that was the case? it idles and runs good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts