Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if any of y'all have followed, I just rebuild an 05 brute 750. The motor is ready to go except I'm not getting spark at either plug? What could be the cause of this? I'm lost when it comes to this and I have an ohm meter if anyone e has suggestions where and what to check for. I'd like to get this fired up today! I sure hope its a simple fix. If its anything, there seems to be a humming coming from the larger computer box thing under the seat when the ignition is on.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Check the roll over sensor under the seat in the rear of the electronics tray. Take the two screws off,turn it side to side - wiggle it,then remount and refire.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Did this quad and the electronics work before u rebuilt everything?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did this quad and the electronics work before u rebuilt everything?
Electronics all worked before I rebuilt it to my knowledge. I have never seen it run because I bought it blown up. Everything that came on before comes on now. The screen comes on and everything appears to work except no spark.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Did u check the fuses to see if any are blown ? Other than that if u had a friend with the same year ,swap cdi boxes or buy one of mine for 65 bucks - the same box that is humming. Maybe check the plug connections to the cdi to insure they are plugged in all the way. Sorry thats all I got... Other than that ,u will need a service manual for testing procedures,or search this site for answers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright so I tested the voltage going into the coils and at both ends it is 2 tenths of 1 volt when turning the motor over. Is this because of a weak battery? The battery is no good and we have to have it on a deep cycle charger all the time

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Uhhhh,YEAH. Beat batteries are no good for a Brute force - u never mentioned that before ???? Lots of threads on that battery subject.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright So I got a new battery. That isn't the problem. Is anyone in the atlanta metro that wants to let me test my CDI on their bike?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts