Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i live in northeast Ohio right next to Akron and i was wondering are any good riding trails around here within 2 hours i wouldn't mind having to pay a little money just want to know if there is any good trails around here or even any riding clubs im tired of my backyard thanks!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Used to be a few in Waynesburg, like Elson Street, and a few MX tracks, like Outlaw Extreme.

In Uhrichsville, there is Crow Canyon, and that's about the best place I can think of locally that I used to ride at.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
wayne national forest in nelsonville,ohio is close to 2-2.5 hours from you.... takes me right at 4 hours to get to quicken loans arena from my house and im about 1.5 from nelsonville... they have some nice trail systems there if you havent hit them up..

·
Registered
209 Posts
Im from Youngstown Ohio and we often go riding at Hillsville, PA. Its located on RT224 and the PA border. Everything from trails to hillclimbing (some you'll try and some you wont:confused:) to a mini track that alot of racers practice on. If interested send me a pm cause we might be planning a trip this weekend.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Im from Youngstown Ohio and we often go riding at Hillsville, PA. Its located on RT224 and the PA border. Everything from trails to hillclimbing (some you'll try and some you wont:confused:) to a mini track that alot of racers practice on. If interested send me a pm cause we might be planning a trip this weekend.
I used to ride there often, years ago. Awesome place for hillclimbing. It also has a decent sand dune area with mx track, lots of trails. Fun place for sure. I thought it's been pretty much closed down now for years? I know the "Popo" were cracking down pretty heavy and would ticket/tow your vehicle if caught parking there. I really miss riding there. Do you know of any safe and permitted place to park?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I park at my house...:D Its a little ride (15min) to get there but my local popo dont mess with us. It has always been hit and miss as far as the cops bothering you but every weekend there are trucks and trailers coming back from there. I am game for planning a trip out there if there are some that want to go.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I park at my house...:D Its a little ride (15min) to get there but my local popo dont mess with us. It has always been hit and miss as far as the cops bothering you but every weekend there are trucks and trailers coming back from there. I am game for planning a trip out there if there are some that want to go.
I'd be willing to meet up and ride there too sometime. I'll ask around and see if I can find out where some people are parking.

By the way, what do you ride? I assume a Kawie of some sort.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do they make anything other then a KFX700? lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
art, we goin thompson or 42 if you guys dont go to hillsville??

I'm goin to paint in the new house tomorrow, hopefully i accomplish enough so i can go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im from Coshocton if you know where that is its a little south of you near newcomerstown We have a shit load of places to ride down here.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im from Coshocton if you know where that is its a little south of you near newcomerstown We have a shit load of places to ride down here.
Never heard of it ill google map it and send you a pm if i can talk my dad into taking me down there some time.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No actuality i have never rode anywhere else but my house cuz im only 13 and my dad never had anything to ride with me but i just bought a new bike so that might change but originally when i posted this i was going to go with my best friend and his dad but his broke down. If i had my licence i would be going somewhere every weekend

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey i live in northeast Ohio right next to Akron and i was wondering are any good riding trails around here within 2 hours i wouldn't mind having to pay a little money just want to know if there is any good trails around here or even any riding clubs im tired of my backyard thanks!
I feel your pain. I've got about 25 acres and it's boring me already. After this snow melts, I plan on venturing out to some places here in Ohio and then the Hatfield-McCoy. I'll hit H-M up pretty hard all spring/summer/fall. I'll be getting the wife a Kawie 360 soon. Let me know if you're interested in tagging along... anyone else too for that matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have never been to Crow Canyon but a friend of mine has been there many times and says its the best bang for your buck in northeast Ohio, I plan on going there later this month...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts