Premium Member
23,817 Posts
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Now. What. :confused:

lol, I have no clue

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
# 27 and after having to spend 100's of billions of dollars to get all of them does it really mean anything anymore.It's all about how much green you got and Steinbrenner has them all beat.

They need to put a salary cap into effect in baseball then we will see how many more the yankees can get.

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
The Giants still suck though :p

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Whatever -------- spoken like a die hard f sports fan with their head up their ass.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Texas rangers!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
boo hoo!:tdown:

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Come on Mike if they would have lost I would be hearing nothing but excuses about how they were robbed by bad calls from the umps.I think the Yankees and all their fans need to bow down to Andy Pettitte,Hideki Matsui,and Rivera because without them it never would have happened in fact it would have been over in 4 games.No real excuses here they outplayed the Phils especially their pitchers.Money however had everything to do with it.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Congrats to NYY for the championship, but I honestly don't see it as a big deal. With such a disparity in how much NY spends on its roster as compared to all other teams in professional baseball, I'd say that winning 27 championships is to be expected and is NOT a big accomplishment.

Why else would Ferrari threaten to leave F1 racing over the proposed budget cap??? Obviously, Ferrari doesnt want to be on equal financial footing with the competition b/c they know their chances of winning championships in the future will be greatly reduced.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I totally agree Mikey.I've been trying to tell the Yankee fans that for years but they just don't get it.They spent 90 million more than Philly this year on their roster they should win the world series but at that point who cares anymore if they do.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Come on Mike if they would have lost I would be hearing nothing but excuses about how they were robbed by bad calls from the umps.I think the Yankees and all their fans need to bow down to Andy Pettitte,Hideki Matsui,and Rivera because without them it never would have happened in fact it would have been over in 4 games.No real excuses here they outplayed the Phils especially their pitchers.Money however had everything to do with it.
I've never made any excuses for any of the loses. The Phillies are good, and it definitely wasn't a 'cake walk'.

All those players you mentioned are part of the team, of course they helped win, because they're great players. Everyone had a part in it, not just those guys. Jeter, Damon, and Arod also played very well.

The more you win, the more money you make and the more you can spend to continue winning, to make more money. That's the way it works. :)

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
I completely agree that there should be a salary cap on prostitution
don't like buttered buns

capitalism at work.....work harder, make more......afford to pay for better ones :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts