Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, anybody ever done it? need to get my bike tuned right before my next big ride. how well does stainless hold to a stock exhaust?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I put them in my stock 07 brute. Bike run alot faster. Was really rich from the factory. As far as the stainless...just keep some paint on the welds and you'll be ok...Lasted a long time on mine.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
so, anybody ever done it? need to get my bike tuned right before my next big ride. how well does stainless hold to a stock exhaust?

chaosfury, I will check, but I think my Inovate A/F meter kit came with a steel bung, If so would you trade with me?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chaosfury, I will check, but I think my Inovate A/F meter kit came with a steel bung, If so would you trade with me?[/QUOTE]

i appreciate the offer but im gonna have to pass this time. im just doing this as a means of tuning my carbs until i get my next exhaust. the stock isnt going to be on there for too much longer so i dont mind doing a maintence till i get my muzzy. :D

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
You can buy carbon steel bungs at pretty much auto parts place. Napa, Car quest etc. And they only cost $2-3. The stainless will work but there will be more corrosion and its harder to make the welds pretty welding stainless to carbon.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so what type of steel bungs should i get to weld on a muzzy exhaust? id like those welds to be very low maintenence and hold good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts