1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
640 Posts
You know I really don't think that the whole "Green Thing" is a bad idea for making a better world in years to come. But to spin it the way that they have to make it sound like it's more serrious than it really is is just crazy. We can all do better to recycle, use less energy at times and things like that to save money if nothing else. Makin it out to sound like the world is falling just blows the whole thing out of perspective. The fact that Al Gore was given a Nobel Prize for his research on Global Warming shows just how ludacrist the whole thing has become. The man has already publically claimed to have "Invented the INTERNET" and "Invented Stem-cell-research". What gives him any creditability when he says to have proven Global Warming ??? I'm not attacking Al Gore, I'm sure in his world he is making things better for the rest of us !!! We are experencing lower tempratures every summer, historically, since records have been kept. It's not just cooler from time to time. Total tempratures for the entire summer and every other months, are lower than any other recorded times in history. Where is the "WARMING" part coming in. I've got a foot of snow on the ground and another one coming for the weekend according to the latest weather report. I live in N.W. Indiana, that's not unusual here. It is actually getting to be more normal the past 2-3 years over what we have had in recent history. It is getting colder sooner and lasting longer on average than it did 10 years ago. Maybe the Global Warming is only happening where Al lives, I don't know ??? I just feel that things need to be put into more perspective than the idea that we can change the weather !!! How about World Peace. Stop the damn terrorist from controlling how the rest of the world lives their life's !!! Devlop alturnative energy, that's great. Don't tax existing energy sources out of existance until you have something BETTER to replace it with. Something that is time tested and approved !!!
And when it comes to our vehicles. Most Americans want POWER and COMFORT !!! I'm one of them. I drive a Suburban with 4x4 drive. I pay extra for gas, I pay extra for liscenes plates, I pay extra for tires, I pay extra for insurence. I pay for what "I" want. I could buy a Smart Car !!! (not likely) I could buy a Hybrid !!! I'm an average American, I think ??? Kudos to those who live their life around doing what they think is best for the rest of us, that's your right. You don't have the right to force me to do it though, so stop trying.

sorry for the rant, couldn't help myself.........

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The end result of Global Warming (or whatever name you want to give it that is happening to the planet) would be colder temps...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Why, I don't understand ???? Seriously.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
The ocean temp controls the weather.

The warming is that the Ice caps are melting. With all that cold water being released/spread throughout the oceans, it will decrease the ocean temps.

Colder ocean temps will bring colder weather.

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deep ocean currents are the main factors in the global climate. The currents slightly change route and speed from time to time which in turn effects the weather. Only the upper levels of the ocean are even able to be warmed. Deep ocean water is never effected by cold melting ice. It's only effected by the speed of the current carring it and slowly warms or cools according to where it is on the earth.

There are alot of computer nerds out there trying to run computer models on how the climate will be in the next 100 years and futher. Unfortunately there are only a very few people who know how the global climate actually works. Of those people they will tell you there are far to many variables to forcast that far into the future. They will also tell you that if the planet was warming, there is nothing we could do to stop it.

The truth is man is not nearly as important as some may like to think. That level of arrogance simply amazes me, we can't even cure all the deseases in our own bodies but we somehow think we can control the very planet we live on. Arrogance bordering on insanity.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
There was a report issued that stated within 30years the earth is going to warm to the point that every living thing will cease to exist......... Oh wait, that report was issued in 1922. :huh:

It's a No Loose situation for the Greenies. If it's hot out, they say that proves Global Warming. If it's cold out, they say that proves Global Warming. It's a great system if you can pull it off. :cool:

It's all a bunch of Crap and it's ALL about Money, don't be fooled. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
I don't believe that man's activities on this planet materially affect the climate changes.

* * * CONSIDER THIS: The earth normally goes thru hot and cold cycles (long before man walked on this planet). For example, the earth has been thru at least 5 major ice ages (look it up in wikipedia). I see no logical reason to think that these hot and cold cycles will stop or change dramatically simply b/c of man's activities. Its a natural cycle...plain and simple. There's nothing we can do to stop the next ice age (except maybe pray!).

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
i don't mind being a good steward,but the whole global warming thing is a farce

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
And the coolest part of the whole thing is that we get to pay for it for the rest of our lives regardless of wether it is real or NOT........ Yey!!! :huh:

Let loose DAWG!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
i know what a deal for us:(imagine what al gore's carbon foot print is.im sure he doesn't live in a three bedroom raised ranch like i do,i'm sure he has a mansion.this reminds me of when obama got in office and he had mentioned to the american people that we should all turn down our thermostats a little bit to save on oil etc,but someone that works at the white house said the first thing he did when he moved in was cranked up the heat so his office was like a oasis in there.pure hipicrites.has anybody ever read the warning label on a flourescent bulb,talk about scary.yea our electric bills might go down a little but we are poisoning our selves with mercury

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Regardless of which belief you adhere to. It would be silly to think our actions as a whole have NO affect on things.

I mean, how did people inhaling smoke.. IT'S SMOKE.. How were they so surprised when it was announced that it could be bad for your health??

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
So it's Al Goore smoking that cause Global Warming?........... I'm so confused.:huh::cool:

:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I don't believe that man's activities on this planet materially affect the climate changes.

* * * CONSIDER THIS: The earth normally goes thru hot and cold cycles (long before man walked on this planet). For example, the earth has been thru at least 5 major ice ages (look it up in wikipedia). I see no logical reason to think that these hot and cold cycles will stop or change dramatically simply b/c of man's activities. Its a natural cycle...plain and simple. There's nothing we can do to stop the next ice age (except maybe pray!).
Thank god Mike boy!!!! Who said that the iceburg was supposed to be there anyway. We have no evidence that we are not just recovering from the ice age. These alarmists need to shut the hell up. I am also not against being efficient where we can, but I'm totally against these pukes lying through their teeth about the real effects.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
If you buy billet cams, they will protect u against global warming..

You can't prove me wrong.. No one has tried it yet.. And I said it first so its true.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
So it's Al Goore smoking that cause Global Warming?........... I'm so confused.:huh::cool:
:lol::lol::lol:
hmmmm, I wonder if he inhales :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts

in the future we will be the carbon material that the next inhabitants of this planet drill for and use to fuel their civilization. In the grand scheme of things the human presence on this planet is but a blink of the eye. If the entire planet were obliterated tomorrow, it would have no effect on the vast universe, there would be no one to cry over us.... just *poof*, gone. Don't worry though, the universe would continue on, till even it collapses and perhaps the cycle will repeat again as it probably has before. Planets, suns, even whole galaxies are destroyed constantly.....even without our meddling, imagine that. Earths place in the Universe.... Earth is like one singular grain of sand upon all the beaches on this planet. Yes, we are really that important :)

In a 100 yrs, unless there is a medical breakthrough almost everyone that is currently breathing on this planet will be dead and for the vast majority of us, forgotten. As like most inhabitants before us. And let's not forget these quads we've spent all this time and money on, now buried in a landfill somewhere or shredded for scrap a long time ago :lol:

Have a wonderful and productive day.......and just remember kids, there really is no tomorrow and yesterday will soon be forgotten, you have only today :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts