Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to forum and (hopefully) new to riding. Looking for any advice...I placed a deposit on a 2020 Pro FXT EPS a few weeks ago. Dealer thought it would be 2-3 weeks before they’d have the machine. Now they are claiming they are “in the dark” on order status.

I realize Kawasaki is now selling the 2021 models. Any thoughts on if I will actually get my order filled for a 2020 model? They gave me about $1400 off sticker for going with the 2020 model year. Wondering now if this was just a bait in attempt to flip me to the new model later. Any guidance from someone who may have gone thru this before is appreciated.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
97 Posts
My dealer said COVID is messing with logistics companys (understaffed) for Parts and vehicles being delivered, i usually get Kawasaki parts right at 7 days, took 2 weeks to get a part to the dealer last week.

·
Registered
964 Posts
What parts are you ordering through a dealer ? You could probably find them cheaper on rockymountain or partzilla.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
97 Posts
What parts are you ordering through a dealer ? You could probably find them cheaper on rockymountain or partzilla.
I recently ordered a starter solenoid for my mule, I've had terrible luck with the USPS and FedEx lately delivering it either gets delayed a day or 3 at the most, I don't even consider partzilla anymore, they treated me like a P.O.S when my order came in complete saying they shipped all the parts in 1 box, yet i had the receipt for 6 items, and i only had 3 in my hand when i rebuilt my engine in my mule, so i either order through my dealer or Babbitt's online in Michigan.
I've bought from RM ATV before, but i prefer "shopping" local and supporting business in my community.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I recently ordered a starter solenoid for my mule, I've had terrible luck with the USPS and FedEx lately delivering it either gets delayed a day or 3 at the most, I don't even consider partzilla anymore, they treated me like a P.O.S when my order came in complete saying they shipped all the parts in 1 box, yet i had the receipt for 6 items, and i only had 3 in my hand when i rebuilt my engine in my mule, so i either order through my dealer or Babbitt's online in Michigan.
I've bought from RM ATV before, but i prefer "shopping" local and supporting business in my community.
I prefer shopping local to and supporting businesses to but if they're not gonna support me with a good price then I have to shop elsewhere. Ive only orderd from Partzilla twice and never had an issue. Ive spent thousands on rockymountain and the rewards cash is good to. Some stuff I get from ebay to. Ill shop anywhere but amazon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealership is still saying they have no update on the status of the 2020 mule pro fxt I have a deposit on. Anyone seeing these in stock around them or have any luck getting orders fulfilled? I know there was a recall and stop shipment earlier this year...hoping that is not what’s happening again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sucks to hear gwildcats. Got mine month ago and glad i did sounds like. So i drove 2 hours to port clinton, OH. to get mine somehow it was on sale! just looked at there site, says they have same 2020 superblack pro-fxt le in stock. do not know where you are but might be worth trip or shipping if you need or want it.

J&J powersports Port Clinton, OH.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The dealership is still saying they have no update on the status of the 2020 mule pro fxt I have a deposit on. Anyone seeing these in stock around them or have any luck getting orders fulfilled? I know there was a recall and stop shipment earlier this year...hoping that is not what’s happening again.
Oh forgot to comment on the Recall. Per Kawasaki website and the dealer, there are no outstanding recalls on my 2020

·
Registered
7 Posts
I waited about 14 weeks on my pro fxt to be delivered after a $500 deposit only because I wanted a green one. The dealer had a white and red one come through at different times and gave me first dibs on both but I passed. I also got mine well below MSRP! It's worth the wait on that machine. My only complaint is the clutch rattle at cold temps. After heat makes its way to the clutch the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. The 2020 never materialized, so I got a 2021 green EPS. It may have been a bait-and-switch by the dealer as I did pay a little more, but still under MSRP and with no delivery/set-up fees. A little over 13 hours in and loving it. I’ve installed a winch, rear bumper, roof, rear view mirror, dome light, and super ATV flip-up windshield. Really debated with a half windshield as I like the open air feel, but have been super pleased with the super ATV flip-up. I was worried about the sight lines with it both open and closed, but let me tell you it is a non-issue. Last on the to-do is a light bar. Have the rough country clamps for the front bumper and thinking I’ll go with a mictuning 32” straight bar. With the curve back in the bumper the straight mictuning is narrow enough to fit and sits slightly behind the front of the bumper, while auxbeam and nilight would require the curved light bar to fit at 32” which would protrude in front of the bumper. I’m hoping being behind the front of the bumper will protect it.
Wife and kids love the mule too - it has evolved into family fun not just a daddy toy...which has been good for the accessorizing budget!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Did you have to pay destination fee, and doc fees? Some states also title them, so there are title fees. I am not tax exempt, so I have sales tax to pay too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts