Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All: The oil dipstick has a rubber stopper on it that stops the stick from going all the way into the pan. Mine has come loose and slid all the way up to the handle. I cant tell where it was originally placed. Can you give me a picture of yours or measure from the top of the dipstick ring to where the top of the plug rests. Couldn't find anything in the manual.
View attachment 76917 View attachment 76917 View attachment 76917 View attachment 76917
Hi All: The oil dipstick has a rubber stopper on it that stops the stick from going all the way into the pan. Mine has come loose and slid all the way up to the handle. I cant tell where it was originally placed. Can you give me a picture of yours or measure from the top of the dipstick ring to where the top of the plug rests. Couldn't find anything in the manual.
View attachment 76917 View attachment 76917 View attachment 76917 View attachment 76917
T 1 & 9/16 in. from the loop is the distance. I am on my 2nd dipstick. Mine turns to rusty crap in no time. There is always water on the stick or in the tube. The crankcase ventilation is not sufficient. Mine is a 2016 two passenger. The rubber part on mine seems to swell when air hits it and is almost impossible to get back in. I would have preferred that they made the dipstick only about seven inches long and vertical like a normal dipstick so all the moisture would stay in the bottom of the crankcase instead of accumulating in the horizontal portion of the tube.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts