Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using K&N oil filters ever since I got my brute but they are 13 $ now I would like to look at other filters what is everyone else using ? I think you can get wix filters for the brute ?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

I use WIX 51356XP oil filters. Can't remember how much they cost.

·
Super Moderator
4,424 Posts
Of all the filters I tried the two that kept the oil the cleanest longest were the stock Kawasaki filter and the Puralator Pure One filters. The PL14610 is about an inch longer then the OE and fits fine. The L14622 is the same length as the OE. I liked the longer one...more media.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I use WIX 51356XP oil filters. Can't remember how much they cost.
Where do you get the wix filters I sent you a messege a few days ago

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of all the filters I tried the two that kept the oil the cleanest longest were the stock Kawasaki filter and the Puralator Pure One filters. The PL14610 is about an inch longer then the OE and fits fine. The L14622 is the same length as the OE. I liked the longer one...more media.
Yea I should try that stock filters again rockymountain has them I think for 8 $ vs the K&N which is 13 $

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I use the Purolator PL14610 - Never had any issues.

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
ill see if anyone else sells them I dont shop on amazon. The kawi filters are just as much as the K&N
Yup, and they aren't half as good.
When Kawie started having their filters made in China, the quality went downhill, big time. You'd have a hard time finding a worse made filter. If you want similar quality to the OEM without the big price, buy a $2 paper STP from O'Reilly's. (Of course, I don't recommend that).

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, and they aren't half as good.
When Kawie started having their filters made in China, the quality went downhill, big time. You'd have a hard time finding a worse made filter. If you want similar quality to the OEM without the big price, buy a $2 paper STP from O'Reilly's. (Of course, I don't recommend that).
I guess ill just stick with the K&N filters then. They are nice that you can use a socket with them to. Easy on easy off

Reactions: kickstart
1 - 11 of 11 Posts