Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil in my belt case in behind my secondary coming from the seal, very little but enough to make some debris sticky any ideas on how to fix or what this is from. I installed the primary and seconday spring after I found the problem. Belt and clutches dry but back of housing and seal and bearing is a little wet. Only Modication was my belt deflection removing larger shim. I have a video on youtube for you to check out whether its a bearing or a seal I dont know much about engines. Thanks for any help or suggestions

· Registered
1,459 Posts
i have had to replace the trans shaft seal on a few ,i remove the old seal ,an install the new 1 useing a peice of pvc 1in with a coupler(union) on the seal end to set the new seal

· Super Moderator
5,768 Posts
Yep, just change the seals...easy enough. Bearings...well that's a different story. Might check that the crankcase is vented properly. If any pressure builds, it forces the seal's wipe to bare harder against the shaft...wearing it faster and allowing oil to pass easier. For both of yours to fail, something is going on there.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info and help

Thanks fellas going to Kawi right now to look for the part they cant seem to find the part number if you can recall it I would be in your debt, any idea what may have caused this problem, maybe just age it is a 2005 650 brute force

· Super Moderator
5,768 Posts
Thanks fellas going to Kawi right now to look for the part they cant seem to find the part number if you can recall it I would be in your debt, any idea what may have caused this problem, maybe just age it is a 2005 650 brute force
Crankcase pressure,bad bearing,overheating oil. An oil cooler is a great thing to install on a Kawie v-twin.

· Registered
245 Posts
Are the seals hard to replace ? My friends just started leaking?

· Registered
1 Posts
oil coole

thanks alot I ordered the seal for 13 bucks, and will definately install a oil cooler, any suggestions where I should get one from...
What
oil cooler

thanks alot I ordered the seal for 13 bucks, and will definately install a oil cooler, any suggestions where I should get one from...
What was that part number

· Premium Member
1,548 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts