Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy down here just bought a Tecate 4 off kijiji and says its oil injection. Anyone ever heard of suck crap?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actual email reply from him.

bought it for a grand..got it home tuned it up a bit and it works great...have you ever had any issues with the oil injection in any of your tecates? mine is fine but i was thinking about bi-passing it..just makes me a little nervous and mixing fuel isnt that much of a headach

Second reply
yea im not sure how they did it but they did...lol i myself dont like it and will be getting rid of it...this is the first 2stroke wheeler i have had..i have had many kx 125,250's they had nothing like that..i know the guy that built the engine,hes gonna fix me up..lol
i thought it was odd that it was oil injected

Dont know what to think. Any you t4 guys know about this?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Maybe some one put oil injection on it at one time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
10 to 1 he has got a blaster someone told me it was a tecate.

he doesn't even know what bike he got.

Ask him what kinda of brakes are on the front drum or disc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No hes looking for fenders for a tecate and knows its a long shot. So I doubt its fake.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you have a blaster and think its a tecate, you won't look for blaster fenders. That still implies he think he has a tecate. And with fuel injectors. I bought so many bikes you would think i am lying. So many people are so clueless about what they have. Ask him what kinda of radiator fluid he is using. Or if it has a radiator.

400ex plastics will fit on a 250r and raptor on a banshee. Hell its plastic i can make it fit on my truck albeit a bit strange. But i could.

I would look it over pretty good. Sounds like a fishing story to me.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
So many people are so clueless about what they have.
I have seen some of your tecate parts on ebay :tup:

That after market front bumper is actually stock....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey wait i suppose i was the guy with the bumper.

Yeah its true but a far cry from mixing up a complete bike. My first tecate's to tear down.

I suppose they are close to quadzilla's in rarety. i know more about the 250r's, raptor, z400, banshee's, a slew of other bikes. But tecate's still don't know much about em.

Other than they don't have oil injectors lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
lmfao..you guys really take your shit seriously!!! and suppose it was a stupid question..one asked because i didnt know the answer and i was told by another person they were oil injected...I would be the guy who has the tecate/blaster..or maybe its half raptor..who knows. i did my research and realize it isnt oil injected like the blasters..however it is a tecate 4........

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Awesome deal man, post some pics

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Never got an email or a pic back. Buddy must have clued in. But can someone be that stupid?

·
Registered
272 Posts
lets see some pics

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Ckelly, don't take it personal, no one on here can say that they have never asked a question that might be deemed stupid by someone else on here. I won't give examples as i wish not to call people out and i am just as guilty. The crappy thing is when someone puts on a forum that they think your post is stupid, i have to stop myself every day from posting about someones stupid question and am sorry that T250 couldn't contain himself.
People really take this forum for granted, i belong to a lot of different forums and know for a fact that this is one of the very few that will allow you to join 1 day and sell stuff the next. Most web forums want you to contribute to the content of it rather than only use it as a means to peddle parts. The majority of forums i belong to will ask you to be a site sponsor if you are trying to sell a bunch of stuff and not pitching in. Don't take it personal when they can't use a little restraint when posting

1 - 20 of 21 Posts