Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil and filter yesterday on my ‘12 Brute 750. Today I developed an oil leak. Found the issue pretty quick … a split gasket on the filter. My question is this : I have several quarts of Yamalube that I used to run in my Raptor. Seeing I already have it, can I use it instead of buying more Kawi oil from the dealer ?

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I changed my oil and filter yesterday on my ‘12 Brute 750. Today I developed an oil leak. Found the issue pretty quick … a split gasket on the filter. My question is this : I have several quarts of Yamalube that I used to run in my Raptor. Seeing I already have it, can I use it instead of buying more Kawi oil from the dealer ?
Welcome to the forum. I dont see why you couldnt use it but I wouldnt ise it long term. Id switch to shell rotella t-4

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Not going to mix oils. I was just wondering if I could use the Yamalube instead of going down to the dealer and spending more on Kawi oil.
Dealer ? Get it from rocky mountain. I get mine from walmart

·
Super Moderator
5,289 Posts
Dealer ? Get it from rocky mountain. I get mine from walmart
Lol..a little secret, I would only run the Kawasaki ATV oil in mine and it was only sold at my dealer...so I always bought mine there and maybe a filter if I was out of the Puraliators on my shelf. It also gave me a change to check out the new models on the floor..:)

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Lol..a little secret, I would only run the Kawasaki ATV oil in mine and it was only sold at my dealer...so I always bought mine there and maybe a filter if I was out of the Puraliators on my shelf. It also gave me a change to check out the new models on the floor..:)
I havent been to my dealer in over a year. I know rocky mountain sells kawi atv oil and I get my oil filters from them to. I run Rotella T-4 I just buy the the gallon jug at walmart 14 $

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Use it. They're pretty close oils anyway.

I've got two dealers near me, and one of them just closed and sent their inventory to a dealer that sells all brands. 😥

I just bought 4 quarts of regular Kawasaki dino oil from RMATV last week for doing a break-in. They've had that oil on the shelf marked at $6 forever, but now it's almost $9!

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
and I get my oil filters from them to.
Those were like $3 forever, now they are $5 something. Still not as bad as $40 for the Prairies though!😯😄

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Those were like $3 forever, now they are $5 something. Still not as bad as $40 for the Prairies though!😯😄
Not the ones I buy. I get the k&n ones. Easy to get off

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Use it. They're pretty close oils anyway.

I've got two dealers near me, and one of them just closed and sent their inventory to a dealer that sells all brands. 😥

I just bought 4 quarts of regular Kawasaki dino oil from RMATV last week for doing a break-in. They've had that oil on the shelf marked at $6 forever, but now it's almost $9!
Its insane what air filters are going for now. They used to be 2.99 and now they are like 9 $ If I would have known theyd go up in price like this I would have bought 100 $ worth back then

Reactions: kickstart
1 - 11 of 11 Posts