Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,
here we go,
my mojave started trying to stall out on me when i hit the gas on my again yesterday.
You cant go any more than one eighth of the way into the throttle and it tries to kill.
Last time it was this piece that runs from the air filter to some other part (cant remember....) but its basically a plasctic hose being held on by to metal Bands on either side.
It was lose last time, but out of shape, it comes off and allows TOO MUCH air and dirty air to get in,
Is there a way to salvage this piece or say screw it and get another one.?
Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
If it's the boot on the back side of the carb that's deformed, you can try taking it out and leaving it off the bike to see if it goes back to the right shape. It's at least free to try.

If it's a rubber boot somewhere else on the air box assembly, I would try giving the part it goes over a wrap or two with tape to take up the space.

If you can't get the parts to seal right, then definitely toss them and get good ones. It's not worth killing the engine to try and save a few bucks.

That's assuming it is actually those things causing the problem. Mine always acts like you describe when it sits overnight. I have to use the choke for a second until it almost feels like a jet becomes unplugged and it runs fine. I've cleaned it plenty of times with no change and just live with it now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not from sitting though, i tried what you said, running it on choke, because mine would do that too, but it kept trying to kill, so i ran the engine and rode it around to see maybe if it was a tiny piece of trash that would go through, but it wasn't that either, so i checked and it is that same air box assembly piece.
So i think that aybe i should just get another one.

Thanks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts