Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having a problem , .....again , my v is smoking out the left pipe at an idol its the cylinder in front , i have dual exhaust not sure the make , and i dont know anything about jetting or what its even at , i just got the bike about 2 months ago just wondering if it could be a jetting problem of if the rings are toast in the first cylinder ? it will smoke when it idols for a few then it will smoke for a minute while you ride then it goes away , i noticed it was usung a bit of oil , i changed the oil yesterday noy its smoking more i think , im not sure any input would be great , thanx ----jay

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
What color is the smoke?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Check both spark plugs see what they look like.

Kenny

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i have been swamped for days around here im gonna pull my pugs out later today , it seems to smoke a bit out shite smoke out the firts cylinder but when i took it for a ride i noticed it changed to fuel (black smoke ) while acclerating , i think im goin to attempt the spark plug mod while im there , no if i understand right i just pull the old wires out the boot and put new wires in right ??? im just going to change the plugs when i pull em out but ill check to see how the are burnin , thanx for the input , if my choke is stuck how hard is it to pull it apart and clean it ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts