Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like to do quite a bit of 1/8th mile racing, my question is what would be most beneficial for me to gain more MPH and a better E.T in the 1/8th.

I have stock carbs, stock heads, no crossover intakes (yet, I am in the process now of making my own). Also have a stock swingarm. Besides running bigger carbs, what are some other options. The reason I say w/o bigger carbs is because I am already in the process of buying bigger carbs.

Taller rear end gears, swinger extension..things of that nature...

My best time so far in the 1/8th is 8.42 @ ??MPH, can't remember exactly my MPH, think it was like 76. That time is with my modifications below with the EPI maroon springs, heavy motosport wheels and duro scorcher tires

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I would think that with the power of that 800, you would want a swingarm extension to keep the front down. If you could keep the front down on the launch, you could launch harder which should make your 60' times better and your ET & MPH better.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Get a wheelie bar and some larger/lighter rear tires. The bar will get your 60' down giving you a much better ET. The larger tires is a way to get taller gearing till you change the gears and should give you higher top speed,if your engine can pull them.

Edit: I just saw you have an 800,you have the power to run larger tires.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What are your 60' times? On my brother's 06 he was hittin 2.1, then 9.8 1/8mile with bolt ons.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
German gears, 6+ swingarm, lower it, a set of hoosiers slicks, and AMR porting.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. My next modification is obviously going to be larger carburetors.

My 60 ft time on my best run was 1.89.

How many people have installed the german rear end gears and have gotten some trap times?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I haven't raced on asphalt but that seems about right to me. I have had a 2.03 60-ft on sand with my stock motor.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My times are with some wheeling going on..

so that brings up another question I have, when I go with an extended swinger should I shoot for a +4, +6, +8 or what?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
+6 if you lower it or +8 if stock height.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
at least lower the front, itll shift your center of gravity. or run shorter tires out front! you can strap it down with a rachet strap if you just wanna try it, or get steel tubing and make a set of struts to get the front down. a wheelie bar would be good too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts