Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when you ride Yamaha..:cool:
Don't know what the guy was doing, this is from the YFZ I'm parting out.

·
Premium Member
11,664 Posts
WTF? you can't fix that?

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well..I ran out of JB weld. The local Woolsworth can't get anymore in for 2 weeks its a goegraphical oddity here. 2 weeks from everything.

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
Hmmm....looks like the engine builder forgot to torque down the bolts that hold the top part of the piston to the piston skirts...rookie mistake! :D

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Oil starvation...very common to pre 2007 yfz without the "oil mod".

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
What's this oil mod...? I've replaced a crank and rods on 2 machines here recently... I just thought the people don't take care of their stuff. Both were 05's. I might need to call em up and do the oil mod for em so they don't burn em up again. When both of em were here they were locked down.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks!...that's good info. That place is cheaper on the oil pumps than where I bought mine, too.

P.S. I have a couple cranks that match your topend up there^^^ if anyone needs em..:D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
If you can't get any JB weld then just use duck tape that shit will hold up to 200 mph...

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
OEM cranks? What years?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Both 05's... One I think is totally fubar, bent rod, completly siezed bearing. The other, the rod just won't spin freely all the way around without sticking in one spot.

I tried duck tape... Only good to about 6500 rpm. Maybe I can get T some jbweld and we can put all these pieces together and makin a badass hillclimber!:p

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Well..I ran out of JB weld. The local Woolsworth can't get anymore in for 2 weeks its a goegraphical oddity here. 2 weeks from everything.

We dont carry Dappa Dan we carry Fop! Well I don't want Fop GD it! Ima dapper Dan man! LMFAO! Priceless

1 - 14 of 14 Posts