Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always getting sand/dirt inside my airbox with the 12-hole mod and I end up having to clean my filter after every trail ride or about every 2 or 3 trips to the dunes. Because of this, I bought a couple of sheets of the Outerwears material and I am having my mom sew them into some covers with elastic at the bottom. They would cover the entire airbox cover and come down the sides far enough so that the elastic band goes below all of the lid clamps so it can't slide up. I figure I can just wash off the Outerwears cover after every ride. It should help to keep water from getting splashed into the airbox as well. I am bringing the Outerwears material to her tonight along with an airbox/cover. I will post pics of them once they are done. Probably beginning of next week.

Would you guys have any interest in the Outerwears covers?

Once she makes mine, there might be a chance that she would be willing to make more for a price. The biggest problem as I see it is that the Outerwears material is so costly. I would have to figure out a price after she makes mine. If there is some interest here and she is willing to make them, I would probably want to have at least 10 people that want them before I have her bother making them.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
What air filter system are you using---Don't see it in either of your sigs---Thanks

Kenny

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You need to make yourself two of them. That way one can be washing and the other on the machine. Trust me well worth it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Just curious if that's going to restrict the air flow too much---Guess we'll know after you run them for a while.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mom will be making me two of them. One for each machine. They will get rinsed off after each ride.

It appears that it won't be worth it for her to make more of them to be sold to other people. The 18"x18" piece of Outerwears material that is needed to make each one cost $19. By the time she adds in some time and tries to make a couple bucks, you might as well just have Outerwears custom make them for you. They had told me $45-$50/each for a custom-made cover to fit like I was describing in the first post.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What air filter system are you using---Don't see it in either of your sigs---Thanks

Kenny
I am running the stock filter on both V's right now. I will probably get the Twin Air Power Flow for the green V by this coming spring but my orange V will stay with a stock or stock equivalent filter.

I don't believe the Outerwears will be restrictive. That material isn't supposed to be. I might get a bit more restrictive when it gets dirty but so does the filter when you aren't running an Outerwears cover. I'll post a couple of photos of what my filters look like after 1 day of riding dusty trails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts