Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 brute force is overheating and the fan is not coming on nor is the temp light on the dash. Tested the theromstat and that work fine, the water pump is working fine, impeller is good. manually jumped out fan, it works fine. The wire is corroded off of the temp switch but that wouldnt make it overheat would it. The only thing that is left is the rad fan switch but is that a big deal when riding in 20 degree weather if it is bad?

·
Registered
99 Posts
you need the wire on the temp switch that gives the fan the signal to come on you can hook up a manual switch to keep your fan running. you sure dont want the motor to get hot did your hot lite ever work?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
there are 2 switches/sensors. One has 2 wires going to it, that turns the fan on and off, the other one is a high temp switch, it has one wire running to it, that controls the warning light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The temp light has never come on. The fan use to run regularly but didnt come on the last time i rode it. I took the relay under the seat out and replaced it with a 15 amp bladed fuse but still no luck.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Like monkey said the switch on the radiator with the two wires turns on the fan jump those two wires and if the fan comes on then replace the switch. If it doesn't then you might have a broken wire somewhere along the fan circiut

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
It's probably the fan relay under the seat. the green button pops out of it. it's a small rectangle box. they are notoroius for failure on the 08 Teryx. same part.

push in the green button and the fan will run again.

Other than that. probably a loose wire at the fan switch that is in the radiator.

temp light will not come on if it is corroded. all it does is grounds it out to make the light come on.

Pretty easy fix.

YES you need the fan when it's 20 degrees out.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! The fan switch was bad. One of the prongs on the relay was broke and the wire was corroded off the temp switch. What are the chances of all three being bad at once? Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I didnt. I will check it out though. To be honest I have had nothing but problems with the bike from the beginning. My buddies all ride Hondas and they are ALWAYS on my case about towing me out of the woods. Alot of power but unreliable!

·
Registered
64 Posts
No I didnt. I will check it out though. To be honest I have had nothing but problems with the bike from the beginning. My buddies all ride Hondas and they are ALWAYS on my case about towing me out of the woods. Alot of power but unreliable!

Welcome to Kawasaki!

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
If you haven't done the BUSS fix on an 05, you are asking to get towed out of the bush.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts