Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a p700 for a second ride and will trail ride this one with alot of mud along the way. I did a search and did not find a comparison of the two. Anyone have experience with the two and which would you recommend. I like to ride fast and agressive but you cant have it all. I will be running 27 inch bear claws for now ( just to burn them off ) and a dyna cdi. All else is stock.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
if you like to ride fast then i wouldnt do the lift. id do the suspension upgrade and leave it at that.. the lower center of gravity the prairie has makes it a superb fastriding trail machine... you put the lift on it and you throw everything off. just my .2cents... its your money though..:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What springs do you recommend. Epi, hl, or elka? Was hoping for some extra ground clearance for the belly of the bike. Dont really like the dive in the corners.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Elka's will fix the diving in the corners. wont do anything for ground clearance. Still one of the better mods on a Prairie.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
like ncrider said, the elkas will fix the problem of the diving for sure... i love mine. if you put a lift on your bike, your handling will go to crap when your trying to ride fast... it will suffer bad. if you put a lift on the bike theres probably no sense to put the suspension upgrade under to...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Put Highlifter springs all the way around my 04 700. A few hundred miles later broke one front spring in half, the back spring is now an inch SHORTER than the factory back spring. Went with EPI's all the way around, have not had a problem in last 1100 miles of WOT. fixed the front end diving not bad for the price either.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I could not decide on which to but so I got both the lift and the epi springs. The springs are a big change as the stockers were sagged out more than I thought. Will install the lift when I put on larger tires. But for now the springs are the ticket!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts