Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

P700 vs Outie 570

941 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  rubiranch 
#1 ·
Raced my son today in an open field. I was on my P700 (HMF slip-on, twin-air, 142F/145R, pilots 2 1/2 turns out and VFORCEJOHN STG 3, 26" Mudlites) and he was on my bone stock 2020 Outlander 570. I got the jump, he caught up at about 30mph and slowly crept past me up until we let off at 53ish mph. Pretty impressed with the little 570, but didn't think he would walk me. Any ideas other than a BBK for my Prairie?

#2 ·
Dynatek CDI will wake her up big time. Also some bigger cams.
My P700 destroys 570's, licks 650's, and nudges out 800Rs, and I'm always loaded down for trail riding.

#3 ·
Forgot to mention that I do have a Dynatek in it. Both of us were in 4wd but maybe I was spinning too much? The only other thing I can think of is that I still have the 003 belt on it and John recommended the 0019 belt with his clutch work. That along the clutch may be not completely broken in?

Reactions: kickstart
#4 ·
My engine overpowers my tires right now. They just spin until I get to 15mph.

#5 ·
How much of a difference did you notice with the 730 kit? Been thinking about it, but it's also my plow rig in the winter, so I don't want to make it very unreliable...

#6 · (Edited)
It's a beast. If I took all my bags, winch, stereo, gas cans, base plates, and stereo off, and put my stick wheels and skid plates on, it would give a 1000 a run for it's money.

Reliability is not an issue. I've put 13,000 miles on it in current form with no related issues. I just inspected my conn rod bearings and front driveline, and they were perfect shape.

I think Kawies are pretty detuned from the factory. .

#7 ·
Nice! Could you tell me more specifics about the kit? I.E. builder, jetting, etc?

#8 ·
I just bought +2mm Wiseco hi comp pistons, 2015 BF750 cams, VFJ clutch weights, Dynatek Cdi, and EPI clutch springs. I have stock carbs, and stock exhaust.
Jetting is unbelievable. I'm off the chart, but I've run them all. If I go any bigger than a 132 front and 135 rear, I can't even get out of my driveway before it sputters and dies. My best combo is 130/135. I live at 5000', and ride between 3000 and 11,000'.

#9 ·
06SE - If you want real power, you need to go with bigger cams. FST stage 2 or better. 11:1 pistons, a FULL exhaust system, and you should have crossover intakes.
You've actually done very little so far to help with drag race power, other than the DynaTek.

#10 ·
Rog. Going to order the crossovers pretty soon for a start but finding a full exhaust has been a hard thing to find. Would prefer a Muzzy, but they seem to be really hard to find, even used.

#11 ·
Call Empire Exhaust. They now build what used to be Muzzy. Ask for the V-Force exhaust with the "Mickey mod" (Mickey Dunlop, Four Stroke Tech), then it will fit a Prairie. You will have to move the coolant overflow bottle.

#12 ·
I had a outlander 570 and that motor is a overachiever. When I had it my buddies 2017 brute would kill me off the line but I could reel him in a long race and I could hit 71 all day. Plus they sound sweet. But it just doesn't have the low end punch I wanted. I have to say too my buddy just bought a new 570 sportsman for his wife and that thing has some good snort also.

#13 ·
Yeah, the little 570 Rotax is rated at 48 HP and yeah, it doesn't have the low end of my Prairie, but it still moves out pretty damn well. I think if I put the crossovers on and get it jetted right, it'll be a better race.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.