Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the little K & N filter that replaces the snorkle on the CVT intake.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts

Here you go:D

K&N cv filter #R-1260 $29.99
Filter wrap #22-8029 PK $15.99

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It replaces the air intake snorkel that go to your CVT cover. I also removed the other snorkel and put a piece of outerwears on the top duct. I will put the K & N on the intake.

The main reason for me is to get rid of the bulky look and also make more room under the airbox shroud area. Helps to get things more organized under there.

RPMs bike is one example.

Right above the front tire you can see the filter. Farther up on the CVT cover you can see the cool aluminum flame looking piece where the duct work would typically run

RPM's KFX730 - Kawasaki ATV Photo Gallery

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Does anyone run these for anything other than sand such as trail riding with minimal mud/water? I am wondering if it would keep the water out of the CVT area if it had a water-resistant Outerwears cover on it.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts

Here you go:D

K&N cv filter #R-1260 $29.99
Filter wrap #22-8029 PK $15.99
Where did you buy them?

Hmmmm. What a coincidence.:rolleyes: I'm gonna have my hands full in the drags dealing with you:lol:
Enigma, I bought them here, K&N Products by Vehicle Search - Year, Make, Model, Engine Search

just put part number in. I went around to auto parts store and they wanted more than buying them direct. You might try your local parts store, they might be able to order cheeper.:cool:

And thanks for the tip, by using outerwear over the exhaust portion.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
They are available in Chrome K&N fitment as well.

RC-1250 35.00

they are also available in a pack of 2 (rc-1252) 73.00 or pack of 3 (RC-1253) 95.00

if multiple people needed it you could save a bit on shipping vs individual boxes.

Any filter that is 2.25 ID at the base or 57mm will do it.

I can get any K&N's at a cheap cost. but then you are going to pay shipping that will up the cost by about 10 bucks.

John

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
John , is this somthing you would advise useing with one of your clutches..

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I was still running dirt trails I would not be doing this mod.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Yeah, I think I will just stick with the stock snorkel as much as I hate to. I ride pretty much everything. I just don't think I would trust the filter even with a water-resistant Outerwears on it.

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
Yeah, I think I will just stick with the stock snorkel as much as I hate to. I ride pretty much everything. I just don't think I would trust the filter even with a water-resistant Outerwears on it.
I am going to run the K&N at the dunes and drags. Snorkel for trail riding. Wouldnt take no time switching them out.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Well, maybe I will have to check yours out at Silver Lake in May then. :D

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts