Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im a new guy here just joined, i got a 03 kfx 400 im set up for fllat track. the suspension is complete i got houser a-arms, swing arm and steering stem, elka shocks, dura blue axle, sway bar. now im moving into the engine, i bought a 455 ice cube cylinder, stage 2 hot cams, kibuite valves, yoshimura exhaust, dynatech cdi, and a k&n filter. now onto the questions..... im looking to get a 5mm stroke crank for it along with porting the head and a new bigger carb, any suggestions on a carb for me to get? also is there anything i should do with the transmission other than upgrading the clutch? and what kind of clutch do you guys recromend? anything else i should upgrade? and the last thing, is there any1 on here that has done a build similiar to this and how do they perform? once i get the crank the specs say it will produce 490cc!

·
Registered
637 Posts
You check with some of the guys over at Z400entral. There are many that have done a similar setup. In regards to the carb. Get yourself a FCR40 or 41.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha it is for sure! but that aint the only thing thats money hungry in my garage lol. i got way to many toys!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
that engine combo is mine to the tee I run a lectron 44 carb with a stock clutch ( knock on wood) it has held all last year But I just drag mine there is a few on here that has seen my bike run.you will like it it will surprise a lot of people

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
that engine combo is mine to the tee I run a lectron 44 carb with a stock clutch ( knock on wood) it has held all last year But I just drag mine there is a few on here that has seen my bike run.you will like it it will surprise a lot of people

Got any video of yours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the process of building a 462 have a dyna, fcr 39 oshc intake nschexhaust,full procircuit,ex intake,as soon as starter clutch arrives im headed to the dyno and ill report. but it is a yellow kaw-suki:)

·
Registered
722 Posts
there is some vids of me on here search for st. anthony vids and st joe racing I am the only z 400

1 - 8 of 8 Posts