Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to do some new mods. I am going from my stock carb setup (stock carbs, UPP intakes, Twinair Powerflow, Prairie stacks) to 38 mm carbs and Big Kev's intakes. Also, I am switching from Monster duals to LTE's. How much increase in perfomance should I see? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
A bunch on top end will be a new bike i know from experience sense we run about the same set-up you will be looking for a longer swinger lol nothing like 60 mph wheelies :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never could ride a wheelie for very long, usually chicken out :eek:. Can't get another swingarm this year - just about spent all I can on the V this year.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
well dang it i was thinking about selling more parts :p the only thing that sucks is the stumble in the ruff stuff i wish somebody would come up with a big carb set-up that does not do that to me its worth it sense i just mainly ride the dunes now..now the set of 36's enigma had never did it so i guess there are some out there that dont

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
On the subject of 38's. I bought a set of 38's off Tom (no I'm not bitching about them:p) They gave me absolute fits. They were the cleanest set you could imagine. I have fought with them so much I just gave up and trashed them. On the other hand I just bought the dirtiest set you could imagine and I cleaned on them for hours and they are the best I have ever had on my bike. My point is there is good and bad sets out there.

I went from 180 to 185 main jets on the old carbs in the summer with the old carbs. Now with the new 38's I'm at 152/155 mains. Same afr meter same everthing just different carbs:lol:

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
I went from 180 to 185 main jets on the old carbs in the summer with the old carbs. Now with the new 38's I'm at 152/155 mains. Same afr meter same everthing just different carbs:lol:
I glad to hear that. Everybody told me I would be in the 170-180 range when I first got them. I am down to 150's as well and was a little worried that my meter wasnt working right and I might be lean.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a shame the Monsters don't do better. They are a very well made exhaust and have a real nice sound. I'm just waiting to hear the LTE's, though!!

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
This is what they sound like on a little 730.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts