·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Very Cool!!!:tup:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanx, it was a lot of work....once you get it all figured out though, it goes pretty smooth. ya gotta realize, i don't mud, i just desert ride and have a good time out on the trails. i hunt exclusively on the quad and have gone into some areas that i don't think anyone has gone before!! from october 21st to March 1st i got 36 dogs (coyotes), 4 fox and 2 bobcats!! not too bad. my self imposed season is over now (cats and fox end March 31st) but dogs are open all year, but i give them time to raise pups during the spring and summer so we have something to hunt next year. in 2 weeks i'm putting on the 14" wheels and the Kenda street tires to cruise the 'hood'. it just gets tooooo hot here, 120 degrees at full sun sometimes, to trail ride. but the Kenda's will let my wife and i get to the partys in the evening and i'll save the Mudlites for next October. Cruisin in style baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where do you live that they let you have your guns out in the open on your quad. I live in SD and wehave very lax gun laws here. No problem having a gun on the front seat or in your window rack here. But on a quad or snowmobile they have to be unloaded and in a case. Kinda sucks for yote hunting that way.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
did you build the dropbasket yourself? ive been thinking about making one for mine and a basket for the front as well. bike looks good though. i like the dual gun rack setup on the basket.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i bought the basket from sportsmans guide, actually Amazon $113 delivered. after reviewing a million of them this one stuck out for quality of mounting hardware and the sturdiness of the basket itself.
on guns in Arizona, we can keep them loaded when 'actively engaged in hunting' that means moving from stand to stand, but if i'm 'trolling' the roads for dogs then it is considered 'hunting from a vehicle' they go in the truck until i get to my area, then they are loaded and put on the back and off i go into the desert. i went out yesterday but it was basically a test to see if anything rattled, shorted out, sounded good, etc. i made 5 stands but did not produce. oh well, it is time to start fishing anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts