Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wisecos have a "FWD" dot on them. The "M series" instructions that come with the kit say that the dot points towards the exhaust port. So does the rear piston dot points towards the exhaust or the front of the vehicle? Just alittle confused. Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They seem to have the same valve releifs cut in them so I am not sure if it matters :confused:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
The wiseco pistons the dots face the front of the motor on the front cylinder and the back cylinder :tup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks g-rider!!! If they both face forward, that would leave me to believe that there is a specific piston for the front and rear?

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
No specific piston for the front or rear. Doesn't matter as long as dots face front of engine :tup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man. I am just confused on the purpose of the markings. If there is no designation for a certain piston for a certain cylinder, then that means that I could take the front piston out,( which has the marking facing the front of the bike and the exhaust ports of that cylinder), and insert it into the rear cylinder, the piston would then face towards the front of the bike but face the intake ports.

It is kind of difficult to explain but it just does not make since? If they both face forward(front of bike), then you would have to know which one went in the front and rear cylinder:mad::confused::mad::confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts