Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been trying to find 27.5x11x12 Growler Uber XORS.
Have they been released yet? None of the dealers listed anywhere have no idea. If they have been released can you give me an Idea of the price?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've been trying to find 27.5x11x12 Growler Uber XORS.
Have they been released yet? None of the dealers listed anywhere have no idea. If they have been released can you give me an Idea of the price?

Thanks
Negative...not released yet. got the first pre-production tires this morning. They look great. So after some in-house testing we'll pull the trigger. Available in March.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great Looking products

I live about an hour south of St. Louis and have seen these guys at several 4x4 functions (Custom Differentials). Their products are top notch and look really badass in person. I too am interested in trying the Growler's.

P.S. Did you guys start making some RC rock crawler tires?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I live about an hour south of St. Louis and have seen these guys at several 4x4 functions (Custom Differentials). Their products are top notch and look really badass in person. I too am interested in trying the Growler's.

P.S. Did you guys start making some RC rock crawler tires?
Yes we did start making RC tires.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
well drat i wish i would have been in the market to buy these tires when this deal was offered...just my luck...if another special comes along please keep us updated

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ok...i love my growlers,they do ball up,but i have yet to have them quit driving me forward the sticky clay with no bottom...the only time i have been let down was when i framed out...this was after we hit the spots many many times over...as for climbing and general technical riding,they are awesome...a bit hard (needs extra effort) to steer on high traction surface when moving very slowly...these tires rock,i can't wait for winter...my only issue with these tires are price...my 25.5 were expensive,most i have ever paid for atv tires...i wanted the 26.5,but the price increase was drastic...why?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Love my Growlers. I can actually steer in slick mud instead of "slide 'n pray". Worked great plowing snow too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Rockers or Growlers?

I'm sold on a set of 25.5" but I can't decide between the 2. I'd probably be happy with either one. I favor the Rocker for the rim guard and 8 ply rating but I want a tire that steers well on hardpack and gravel roads at higher speeds and soaks up some of the bumps. Mud is not an issue.

Does the Growler give a softer ride?
Does either tend to have steering "push" on hardpack like the original Bighorn?:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm sold on a set of 25.5" but I can't decide between the 2. I'd probably be happy with either one. I favor the Rocker for the rim guard and 8 ply rating but I want a tire that steers well on hardpack and gravel roads at higher speeds and soaks up some of the bumps. Mud is not an issue.

Does the Growler give a softer ride?
Does either tend to have steering "push" on hardpack like the original Bighorn?:confused:
The Growler will break hold easier and allow more kick out. Both are point and shoot and grab corners pretty good. Go with the Growler...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I bought a set of your 25.5" Rockers and was so impressed that I just bought 4 of the 26x9R12 BG2.5 Growlers for the other Brute.

·
Registered
253 Posts
PitBull tires just run a little larger than most. Their 26.5s are bigger than most 27s for instance. I think it's just an accurate description of the true size and probably a little marketing savy.

They also have even sizes like my 26" Growlers. Best tires I've ever had by far. I'll never own another brand of tire - well worth the extra cost and weight.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
New pitbull sizes and designs for 2015

So...we are going to make some new sizes that will be out in 2015 and we think everyone will be just as stoked as we are about them:

27x9R12(14) & 27x11R12(14) Growler BG2.5 XOR - arrive January 17
30x10R14 8PR Growler BG2.5 Uber XOR - due in March

30x10R14 Rocker BG2.5 Uber XOR 8PR - due in April

28.5x10R12(14) Maddog Rex Uber XOR - June
28.5x12R12(14) Maddog Rex Uber XOR - June
30.5x950R14 8PR Maddog Rex Uber XOR - June

30x10R15LT/UTV Growler XOR A/T Extra DOT legal - available now

The BG2.5 means simply that it is a new line of Growlers that we have designed in Whole Sizing (26") versus 1/2 sizing (26.5"). It really has nothing directly to do with the ply-rating. It just so happens that the 25", 26" and 27" Growler BG2.5s are 6ply-rated, but I will put them up against anyone's 8ply-rated tire any day...and let's just see which tires can take the most amount of abuse.

Our 30x10R14 Growler BG2.5 is an 8ply-rated tire...and thus will have the Uber designation on it. Uber meaning 8PR with EXD (extra deep) rim guards.

So it will be a 30x10R14 Growler Uber BG2.5 8PR tire.

All tires have the Extra Deep Rim Guard (EXD)
UBER means - 8PR with the EXD
XOR - Xtreme Offroad Radial
BG2.5 - whole sizes (27) versus 1/2 sizes (27.5)

Hopefully we are making sizes that people want...because we know that our tires are top-notch in terms of performance and quality. These tires will be healthy sized and excellent pricing.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts