Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few questions about the carbon fiber plates I've got behind my shocks. They are just thin sheet carbon fiber cut to size and held on with black zipties. When I got them from Tribalcarbonfiber, they did not fit my application - I had to trim them down and make them fit around my winch mount and resevoir clamp. They would be easy to make. Just make a posterboard template to fit and then cut them out. Thats how I made them fit my V. You could cut them out of cf or aluminum, etc. I also have a set of aluminum ones I got off ebay. These were mounted with hose clamps and were difficult to mount or remove. I've also cut these to fit, but if I use them, I'll probably attach them with stainless steel zipties. The pics below are an old pic with the aluminum, and a pic with the carbon fiber. Still haven't decided which one I'll use (but I will probably keep them both, since they wouldn't fit anyone else's V anyway). I first saw these on Bubbasoffroad2's V, and I thought they looked really nice (and they do protect my steering stabilizer).

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
they look good but just more stuff to remove to clean after.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd like a set too. I'm just too lazy to make them.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
Not hard to make at all. Mirrored stainless looks great. I'll get some pics up soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts