Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLEASE HELP!!NEWB HERE...I recently traded an old 01 Honda CBR 600 F4i worth maybe $2500 tops for a 05 BF 750 with 29.5" Outlaws on aftermarket aluminum rims with a LRD Torc exhaust all cv joints in good working order body and frame and everything in great shape, BUT It had a small knock....well really not a knock just some noise on the top end of the front cylinder. It then started to backfire and miss occasionally and then I swamped it in a 5 foot never ending hole that i thought was a 1 foot puddle,the engine stalled but no water entered the airbox a little entered thru the exhaust oil was a little murky, it died and i was towed back, well tonight I changed the oil several times to get the moisture out and now has a fairly loud knock on the top of the front cyl and had not quite metal shavings in the drain pan but more like glitter...my question is a three part, 1, Rebuild whatever could be wrong 2, Try and find a used engine or 3, just sell it the way it is?? :confused::(

Remember I essentially only paid $2000-2500 for it and everything else is in good working condition...Please help me out on what it could be or what I should do. Im not very savy when it comes to doing myself so.......

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Rebuild it. More likely you need a crank and bearings. Maybe rods. Easy fix. Then if funds allow, install a BBK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks guys I have never been great with mechanical stuff before but I really cant afford paying a mechanic to do it, it may take a year or two but I will try....is there a manual for rebuilding the engine I could buy?

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts
I have the factory service manual as a PDF file. I don't have a BF750. Just downloaded somewhere one time.

I will post a link for you to download once I get it uploaded to a file hosting site.

·
Premium Member
10,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You could always find an ATV guy that works on this kinda stuff. Dealerships are expensive and I would try to stay away from them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts