Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought plowing snow with the 4 wheeler would be like trying to plow it with my old john deere riding mower (8 horsepower). Slow and not much fun. What can I say I have plowed with riding mowers, skid loaders, backhoes, loaders, pickups, and now ATV's. I only had it hooked up to my wife's Kodiak 400 but it was awesome I was only out there for like 30 minutes and did like 4 times as much as I would have using the small snow thrower. All I can now is Mother nature keep the snow coming.... Can't wait to see what the 800 has for just riding in the snow.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Snow plowing is pretty fun with a atv. Until you go to fast and the snow ends up in your face.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snow plowing is pretty fun with a atv. Until you go to fast and the snow ends up in your face.
You just don't have enough power to stay under the roost! :eek:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I hooked up a plug for a helmet shield heater on mine and I use my spare snowmobile helmet.I also put on some grip heaters.It is definetely a blast.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Last year when we got a foot or two of snow, I ended up plowing my entire street. I was having a blast until I realized I was piling up snow across everyones driveways. :huh:

I ended up having to hand shovel all of them. The fun pretty much went out of it at that point. :cool:

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Last year when we got a foot or two of snow, I ended up plowing my entire street. I was having a blast until I realized I was piling up snow across everyones driveways. :huh:

I ended up having to hand shovel all of them. The fun pretty much went out of it at that point. :cool:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
I've plowed since I had my first 400 Prairie in 1998. You can plow a ton of snow. The only downside is that you have to push the snowbanks way back; if you don't they will freeze where they are after the first day, and if you get more snow you have no place to push it.
Speaking of which, we've got 8-10 inches of snow coming down as I type.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I used to think plows on an ATV were a joke.
A few years ago I had a few tons of stone delivered,my neighbor offered to use his older 500 Polaris to spread it around. I said no thinking it would be a waste of time.
After a few hours with the help of a buddy,we made no progress. The neighbor offered again and ofcorse I said YES PLEASE:D
He pushed that stone around like it was nothing,there was a case of his favorite beer on his porch the next day:)
I will be getting one next year for my Prairie..
My new neighbors might not like the LTE's screaming at 5:30 in the morning while I'm plowing snow:lol:
Anyone ever plow while spraying a 30 shot of NOS.:D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually thought about using the 800 brute but I need to get some plastics on it...

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I would:D

·
Premium Member
6,692 Posts
I sure was wishing I had a ute with a plow when I was shoveling yesterday. Could have been done in 20mins what took me 2.5hrs to do by hand.

·
Registered
476 Posts
How do the V's do plowing enough traction?? I have been debating getting a plow set up.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do the V's do plowing enough traction?? I have been debating getting a plow set up.
Depends on dirt/stones or blacktop/concrete. I would say with the Kodiak 400 in 2 wheel drive it was ok on blacktop but sucked everywhere else. It would work alot better if you had chains on it also... Plus you can't go in as far or you can't get out.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I love the first snow ,spent 2 hours yesterday plowing ended up doing all the lanes around us .Neighbors love it as long as the heated handgrips are working its good .As the season goes on the thrill kinda fades though........

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
warn is having a rebate right now for plows. 70 beans if you get the provantage. i wish they would hurry up and deliver mine!

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
I've got the heated grips and thumb warmer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts